Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Can someone please explain the sweetener thing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Smiley_Cat, 29 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya! Survived Day 1 on SS and am almost through day 2 (can I just say...yippee!!), but I am really missing my coffee :(

All the CD stuff says only to use sweetener in tablet form. Why is that?

I have always used Splenda, and I have it in the powdered and tablet form. But I've not used it at all as I'm not sure what's allowed. I find the tablets much too sweet. But then there's that rule about the powdered stuff...But, what's the difference?

Or does that rule pre-date Splenda and was referring to a certain type of sweetener that came in powdered form? Is Splenda allowed? It is the only sweetener I like (doesn't taste like chemicals as the others seem to do)

I can't stand tea without milk, and so I've given up on that, and I can drink coffee without milk...but I need it sweetened! (but just a bit!)

(Ok, am I obsessing about sweetener? I blame the caffiene withdrawal!!! lol :))

Cx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi

As far as I know the powdered version has carbs in it which could knock you out of ketosis.

I split my sweeteners in half (the tiny little sweetex tablet ones!!) with the end of a teaspoon - maybe you could do this with the splenda tablets? x

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, some compound that is added to powdered sweetener can cause problems (either knock out of ketosis, or stall weight)

5. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Oh by the way Smiley Cat I forgot to say well done for getting through day one and good luck! x

6. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks guys...never thought they'd ADD something to the powder. I figured it must be the other way around - add something to the powder to make the little tablets! lol

Right, unless someone tells me otherwise about Splenda, I'm off to wave a Splenda tablet over the surface of some coffee and get my fix!! lol

And thanks Serena - yesterday was tough, but today was much easier for some reason...still worried about the dreaded day 3/4 that everyone seems to say are the worst, but hopefully I'll get through them ok. Reading this site is really keeping me distracted - and motivated!

Can't believe I'm actually looking FORWARD to getting on some scales on Thursday at my weigh-in! lmao!

Cheers everyone!! Cxx

7. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Btw - I've been reading around the boards tonight and found an even better solution! I just happened to be having a vanilla shake as my last for the day, when I was reading a post in which someone said they put some vanilla shake in their coffee....bingo!

I find the shakes terribly sweet, so I got up and put the last little bit that I was about to force down into a cup of coffee instead. And it was rather nice indeed! Got the sweetness - and a bit of 'milky' flavour - into my coffee (the earlier waft of sweetner in an earlier cup just didn't do it for me)

Too bad I don't have any more vanilla shake sachets! lol

In fact...this gives me an idea for another thread...hmm...

8. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Vanilla shake and Cappucino shake are great for making a really nice coffee I think. You can make up a warm shake and add coffee (not granules, mix with a bit of boiling water first) and then you don't need sweetener.....:D:D:D

9. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Heh, thanks again Isis! Defo going to try the adding coffee thing - thanks for mentioning the boiling water trick though or i might have just added them straight!! lol

10. susieb

susieb Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    A splash of choc tetra is lovely in coffee too:p:D

11. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Right! That's it! I'm defo getting some of these oh-so-magical tetras! lol They seem to be so popular! :) Cx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.