Can someone please explain the sweetener thing?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Smiley_Cat, 29 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hiya! Survived Day 1 on SS and am almost through day 2 (can I just say...yippee!!), but I am really missing my coffee :(

All the CD stuff says only to use sweetener in tablet form. Why is that?

I have always used Splenda, and I have it in the powdered and tablet form. But I've not used it at all as I'm not sure what's allowed. I find the tablets much too sweet. But then there's that rule about the powdered stuff...But, what's the difference?

Or does that rule pre-date Splenda and was referring to a certain type of sweetener that came in powdered form? Is Splenda allowed? It is the only sweetener I like (doesn't taste like chemicals as the others seem to do)

I can't stand tea without milk, and so I've given up on that, and I can drink coffee without milk...but I need it sweetened! (but just a bit!)

(Ok, am I obsessing about sweetener? I blame the caffiene withdrawal!!! lol :))

Cx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Hi

As far as I know the powdered version has carbs in it which could knock you out of ketosis.

I split my sweeteners in half (the tiny little sweetex tablet ones!!) with the end of a teaspoon - maybe you could do this with the splenda tablets? x

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, some compound that is added to powdered sweetener can cause problems (either knock out of ketosis, or stall weight)

5. Serena A

Serena A Can't think of a title

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st0lb(40.38%)
    Diet:
    Maintaining, was on CD
    Oh by the way Smiley Cat I forgot to say well done for getting through day one and good luck! x

6. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks guys...never thought they'd ADD something to the powder. I figured it must be the other way around - add something to the powder to make the little tablets! lol

Right, unless someone tells me otherwise about Splenda, I'm off to wave a Splenda tablet over the surface of some coffee and get my fix!! lol

And thanks Serena - yesterday was tough, but today was much easier for some reason...still worried about the dreaded day 3/4 that everyone seems to say are the worst, but hopefully I'll get through them ok. Reading this site is really keeping me distracted - and motivated!

Can't believe I'm actually looking FORWARD to getting on some scales on Thursday at my weigh-in! lmao!

Cheers everyone!! Cxx

7. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Btw - I've been reading around the boards tonight and found an even better solution! I just happened to be having a vanilla shake as my last for the day, when I was reading a post in which someone said they put some vanilla shake in their coffee....bingo!

I find the shakes terribly sweet, so I got up and put the last little bit that I was about to force down into a cup of coffee instead. And it was rather nice indeed! Got the sweetness - and a bit of 'milky' flavour - into my coffee (the earlier waft of sweetner in an earlier cup just didn't do it for me)

Too bad I don't have any more vanilla shake sachets! lol

In fact...this gives me an idea for another thread...hmm...

8. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Vanilla shake and Cappucino shake are great for making a really nice coffee I think. You can make up a warm shake and add coffee (not granules, mix with a bit of boiling water first) and then you don't need sweetener.....:D:D:D

9. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Heh, thanks again Isis! Defo going to try the adding coffee thing - thanks for mentioning the boiling water trick though or i might have just added them straight!! lol

10. susieb

susieb Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(3.12%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    A splash of choc tetra is lovely in coffee too:p:D

11. Smiley_Cat

Smiley_Cat Loving CD SS!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Right! That's it! I'm defo getting some of these oh-so-magical tetras! lol They seem to be so popular! :) Cx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.