Can someone please help again lol

carrie-ann

I will apologise first if this post seems like an essay but girls I am sooo stressed tonight so would really appreciate your views so a big :thankyou: in advance.
As some of you may know from one of my weekend posts i started a new job yesterday after leaving my old job which I had done for 4 years. I started CD whilst still in my old job and this is now my 7th week on the diet, anyway to cut a long story short (Sort of!!!) since starting my new job yesterday I feel like I am back to week 1 in terms of hunger wise, the stomach grumbles and hunger pains are unbearable, I feel like I am no longer in ketosis yet I can say I have been 100%, not changed a thing regarding the diet so I'm confused, frustrated and truly fed up. The only thing that has changed is my body clock. I am now getting up at 6.30am instead of 11.30am, I am having my first shake and first pint of water before 8am, instead of 12pm, I have my 2nd shake at 1.15pm instead of 5pm and my third at 7pm, instead of 9pm. Also im working 9hours a day instead of 6hrs and I am finding it tiring as its all a new thing to me. However I am still wanting to get to goal and lose the last of my weight but struggling so much I was so tempted to buy a sandwich at luchtime today. I've done a ketosis test tonight and it has shown up pink but why am i struggling so much, can someone please give me some advice here as I sooooooooooo dont want to throw the towel in.

Carrie-Ann xxx

Oh bless - give it a week - I think you just need time to adjust. I have had a similar problem this week too.

You could try splitting your packs so you are eating more often. It might help stave off hunger attacks. xx hugs

Or even add in an extra pack for a few days until you get on top of the new job? Better than a sandwich! It could just make all the difference. I think it will take your body time to adjust to the new hours and become confident at the work... but you will do it. The tiredness might be there even without CD... hang on in there.
xxx

I go along with Twingo's and Katy's advice.

Split your packs, or move up to SS+ with an extra pack. At least until you've settled down.

My day is very long as I only sleep for about 5 hours and know that I would have felt so much better on 4 shakes. I did split my shakes as I couldn't go so long between meals.

It's not failing, it's not cheating. it's a fantastic plan with similar weight losses. Just a case of finding the right plan for your body at the time. :)

Its probably because your day is now so much longer and you are more tired. Yesterday i worked 13 hours non stop and as I got home late last night Im now STARVING today... I know its because usually when im tired I binge on sugary snacks to keep me going!

I fell off the wagon tonight after 7 weeks of being 100%, I just felt so ill, oh well new day, new start tomorrow, day off from work so try again. I've lost over 2 tone on this diet up to now, not expecting a loss at my weigh in on sunday after what I consumed tonight but THIS FAT IS NOT GONNA BEAT ME!!!

4 days or so but I WILL get back into ketosis :wave_cry:

Just remember that after eating tonight the hunger could get worse for the next couple of days, but just hang in there, you've come so far! I would definately change to SS+ and see how you get on. You could then have a little salad at lunch or dinner time or an extra shake!

Good luck. x

Hi :)

I go along with all the great advice and ideas you have had so far here. I think that once your body clock has adjusted to your new routine, you will be fine.

Your post has reminded me again about how similar our issues with food are to the work I do in addictions with alcohol and drugs and how change in routine can press buttons in you that create cravings and confusion again.

Hang in there as this WILL pass IMO ..xxx:D

Hi Carrie-Ann,
I had the same problem last week as I had to work double the hours I normally would for a few days. I was starving and felt empty all the time. I think it is to do with stress to- I was really stressed out and I reckon my system was just ticking over so much quicker.
Since getting back to normal this week, I feel fine again on the diet- so take heart, I suspect it will right itself.
Good luck with the new job!

aww thanx hunny thanx everyone for your replies. Got back on the wagon this morning, I'm definately out of ketosis but stuck to the diet 100% today and definately feel better, no hunger yet that will probably kick in tomorrow tho ... eek. Supposed to have my WI on sunday but I'm just going to see my CDC to pick up my packs for the week and not weigh. I had got down to 11st11lb when I weighed last sunday, so if I can get back into ketosis now and be below 11.11 a week sunday I will be pleased as punch lol Hopefully some good will come out of me eating everything in sight last night lol Im just hoping it will boost my metabolism a bit and keeping my fingers crossed for a week sunday.

Thank you again girlies
Carrie-Ann xxx

Hey Carrie - Ann
you have the done the hardest thing and that is getting back on the wagon after one day of having a blip.

The biggest thing to remember is that you had the will power to do it - alot of people wouldnt have. They would have carried on eating and undone all their hard work!
I think you are right not to get weighed and if it takes you one week longer to get to goal than originally planned then so be it.

If it makes you feel any better I had exactly the same situation 2 weekends ago and put 4lbs on in 2 days and then spent the next 5 days getting the 4lbs off so last weeks WI I had lost nothing but I suppose technically I had lost 4 but I have put it behind me and have been 100% this week and hoping for a good loss 2morra when I weigh.

Keep up the good work and we can keep each other going.
LOL

Hi Jessica,
I had the same kind of issue, I had an amazing diet but the tentations were making it really hard.

I overcome my problem with hypnotherapy, it worked wonders for me!

Good luck to you

Hey Carrie - Ann
you have the done the hardest thing and that is getting back on the wagon after one day of having a blip.

The biggest thing to remember is that you had the will power to do it - alot of people wouldnt have. They would have carried on eating and undone all their hard work!
I think you are right not to get weighed and if it takes you one week longer to get to goal than originally planned then so be it.

If it makes you feel any better I had exactly the same situation 2 weekends ago and put 4lbs on in 2 days and then spent the next 5 days getting the 4lbs off so last weeks WI I had lost nothing but I suppose technically I had lost 4 but I have put it behind me and have been 100% this week and hoping for a good loss 2morra when I weigh.

Keep up the good work and we can keep each other going.
LOL

Thanks for your advice hun I feel a lot better tonight and I have probably got a few extra lb's to lose now too but I'm not gonna let them beat me lol Good Luck with your WI tomorrow, hope the extra work pays off for you and you have a whopper weight loss lol I will let you know how I get on a week sunday. Nice to see you are a fellow welsh lady too!

carrie-ann xxx

First of all.. don't give up you're doing really well!! Hope you find it easier with the new job in the future. I've been having my meals at similar times to you and today I had lunch earlier with a friend even though I wasn't hungry and it's put me in a weird mood all day!? Just being knocked out of routine :(

I overcome my problem with hypnotherapy, it worked wonders
for me!u

What sort of things did you deal with in the hypnotherapy? I'd be interested in trying this out to help me with my food issues- in that I write off a lot of healthy foods (mostly veg) without even trying them to the point where it's become ridiculous! i'm nearly 25 for gods sake!

Hi again evryone, just bumping this thread, so everyone knows what I'm on about :booboo:
Got straight back on the diet on thursday, yet done a test tonight and no signs of ketosis, Got to weigh on friday night, as my CDC is working sat and sunday, so can I expect a weight loss this week?? Call me negative, but I'm not expecting miracles. I've stuck to it 100% since thursday but have had 3 of the bars

Ooooh I don't ... getting worse lol

Hi.
In my limited experience so far (!) don't bother testing your urine at night. You need to do it first thing in the morning as that is when keytones are at their optimum for reading. All the water and fluid you have drunk during the day would have diluted those keytones. If I were you I would try again in the morning. :)
Another thing, if you've had a 'blip' why don't you start again as if from the begining by not touching the bars, mousses or drink granules for the first two weeks? May be worth a try.
X

Back