Can someone recommend me

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
a nice, syn free salad dressing?? Had a look in the shops today, but couldn't decide :eek:
I can get to Morrison's, Tesco, and Sainsbury's :)

Kelly.xx

....Hellmans Fat Free Salad dressing... it is like a vinegarette....very tasty. Bought it from Sainsburys but I'm sure you can get it in any supermarket.

I just use plain balsamic vinegar. My favourite is Belazu balsamic, its available in Waitrose. Its seriously the BEST salad dressing I've ever tried :D

I like the Ceasar Frylight, and one or two of Kraft's Fat Free ones.
There's not THAT many syn free dressings, but there's heaps of low syn ones. Good luck.

I also like balsamic vinegar. It's worth splashing out on a nice one...proper balsamic is quite expensive as it's quite an intensive process. If you go for supermarket stuff it's usually the less expensive imitation...but can still taste nice. However, the proper stuff is a reduction of sweet wine grapes, which is then aged in barrels for 12 years. It tastes incredible! Once you've had it, you'll never want imitation stuff again...not on a salad anyway! I cook with the mass-produced stuff, but salad...it's got to be the real thing.

I think it helps somewhat that my family is Italian and I get it from Italy ;)

i'm a fan of the frylight ceasar too. smells a bit funky as it tries to replicate the parmesan cheese but if you can get over than then it does taste pretty genuine!! Also a fan of the Kraft french and italian :D

Thanks everyone :D
I'm not a fan of ceasar dressing I'm afraid.
Will probably go for one of the vinaigrette type ones and see what they're like. I have a very small food budget, so can't really afford to be spending a lot on a proper balsamic vinegar :eek:
Kelly.x

I also like balsamic vinegar. It's worth splashing out on a nice one...proper balsamic is quite expensive as it's quite an intensive process. If you go for supermarket stuff it's usually the less expensive imitation...but can still taste nice. However, the proper stuff is a reduction of sweet wine grapes, which is then aged in barrels for 12 years. It tastes incredible! Once you've had it, you'll never want imitation stuff again...not on a salad anyway! I cook with the mass-produced stuff, but salad...it's got to be the real thing.

I think it helps somewhat that my family is Italian and I get it from Italy ;)
That sounds amazing would love to try it. Can you recommend a 'brand name' so I can search online? Or can you buy it somewhere in the shops? Wouldn't want to buy what appeared to be the real deal and it wasn't.
TIA
Wendy

i love Balsamic Vinegar....i dont really do dressings, i like lemon and extra light mayonnaise....personal preference im sure!!! xxxx

I seem to recall if it says Balsamic "de Modena", then it's not the proper stuff. Most of the supermarket ones are that variety. That said, some of them are still pretty good. A proper balsamic is expensive!

I use Waistline salad cream. It's not totally syn free but you only really need a tablespoon, then stir the salad around to distribute it, and it doesn't break the syn bank. :)

Back