can someone tell me why

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
grapes are free but rasins are not ?

Sorry not sure, but good question though, i've never thought about that before

This applies to all fruit, fresh it is free but the moment you do anything to it ie. mash it, dry it etc it then has syns. It's very confusing but Slimming World works in mystrious ways lol

Grabbed from the web and explains it much better than I could!

The more common reason that dried fruits will usually have more calories and sugar is because the dehydration process removes so much of the water normally found in the fruit. That missing water would normally make the fresh fruit larger than the dried fruit, so there would be more pieces of dried fruit in the same serving size. For example, one grape has seven calories and one raisin has seven calories, however one cup of grapes has about 60 calories, and a cup of raisins has over 400 calories. This doesn't happen because the raisin company added sugar, it happened because without the water, the raisins take up a lot less space. More raisins fit into one cup so that means one cup of raisins has more sugar and calories than grapes.

I'd not seen this in August - can't BELIEVE the difference between a cup of grapes at 60cals, and a cup of raisins at 400cals!!!

I KNOW we don't work in calories, but those 2 figures are well worth remembering - thanks Circes!

Grabbed from the web and explains it much better than I could!

The more common reason that dried fruits will usually have more calories and sugar is because the dehydration process removes so much of the water normally found in the fruit. That missing water would normally make the fresh fruit larger than the dried fruit, so there would be more pieces of dried fruit in the same serving size. For example, one grape has seven calories and one raisin has seven calories, however one cup of grapes has about 60 calories, and a cup of raisins has over 400 calories. This doesn't happen because the raisin company added sugar, it happened because without the water, the raisins take up a lot less space. More raisins fit into one cup so that means one cup of raisins has more sugar and calories than grapes.

LOL some things are so simple it's scary. I never thought of that :)

Back