Can there be eating too much fruit?

maketak

I know that fruit is free food. But can eating lots of it a problem?
I am new so I haven't experience to test whether too much fruit impede weight loss.

As Ive mentioned on here before I ate 2 punnets of strawberries a day the other week and lost 4lbs!!!!
Couldnt stop nipping for a wee but man it worked.
I eat lots of fruit every day and have had great losses x x

Its the fruits that are really high in natural sugars that have been known to slow some people's weight losses down. Things like grapes and bananas are the ones that should be eaten in moderation.

See, I am going to be the contradicting opinion now. Yes you can eat too much fruit.. a friend I go to group with ate loads of fruit.. cramming it in wherever possible and sticking 100% to plan... it bunged her up and she put on 5lbs!! last week she reduced the fruit and drunk loads more water and then lost 7.5lbs that week!
Another example was my mum she stuck to plan also 100% and was eating loads of fruit a day, like 3 necturines, a punnet of cherries, 4 satsumas.. you get the idea.. and it bunged her right up and she put on 2.5lbs!

So yes.. too much fruit I believe does have an effect x

Definately doesnt for me mind - i have a nectarine, an apple and either a punnet of strawberries or cherries a day( not all at once ) and have had brilliant losses.
I guess its all dependant on the person and only you would know if you stook to plan as well as eating the fruit to determine if it affects you personally x

Everything in moderation! ;)

I find too much fruit makes me hungry, the sugar crash I can get if I eat alot is not worth it.

However I have not found this to be the case if I eat strawberries or raspberries so not sure what the difference is between eating them and apples/oranges etc.

i agree with moomin everyones different try it see how it effects you.
the weeks I eat alot of fruit I have good losses

See, I am going to be the contradicting opinion now. Yes you can eat too much fruit.. a friend I go to group with ate loads of fruit.. cramming it in wherever possible and sticking 100% to plan... it bunged her up and she put on 5lbs!! last week she reduced the fruit and drunk loads more water and then lost 7.5lbs that week!
Another example was my mum she stuck to plan also 100% and was eating loads of fruit a day, like 3 necturines, a punnet of cherries, 4 satsumas.. you get the idea.. and it bunged her right up and she put on 2.5lbs!

So yes.. too much fruit I believe does have an effect x

To make this a bit more balanced, bear in mind that its the bunging up that caused the gain, not the fruit. Although the fruit may have contributed to the corks creation, its overall calorie content would not have been sufficient for your friend to gain 5lb. She would have had to eat something along the lines of 16000 calories of fruit to actually put on weight due to excessive overeating of the fruit. This is clearly the case because the following week, she lost ALL of that weight and 2 and a half extra lbs on top, presumably, once the cork had popped. So over the two weeks, one eating a lot of fruit, and one a lot less, she actually averaged 3.75lb a week in loss. You cant even begin to suggest that this is a bad thing on that basis.

It is, I find, one of the trickier aspects of SWs plan that the amount of bulky constipating food is quite high. That said, I have gone from a 3-4 times a day girl, to a 2-3 times a week, on the plan, and that to me, is infinitely preferable.

Strong coffee on WI day for the win!

:eek:

I eat a lot of fruit and consequently I am suffering from 'corking' - I take it that you mean strong coffee helps this .. if so thanks for the tip Im off to get plenty down me before my WI tomorrow because the earth hasnt moved for me for days!

In regards to the amount of fruit I tend to do better eating strawberries, plums and melon (not watermelon) but if I eat bananas and grapes it is definately slower progress for me.

To make this a bit more balanced, bear in mind that its the bunging up that caused the gain, not the fruit. Although the fruit may have contributed to the corks creation, its overall calorie content would not have been sufficient for your friend to gain 5lb. She would have had to eat something along the lines of 16000 calories of fruit to actually put on weight due to excessive overeating of the fruit. This is clearly the case because the following week, she lost ALL of that weight and 2 and a half extra lbs on top, presumably, once the cork had popped. So over the two weeks, one eating a lot of fruit, and one a lot less, she actually averaged 3.75lb a week in loss. You cant even begin to suggest that this is a bad thing on that basis.

It is, I find, one of the trickier aspects of SWs plan that the amount of bulky constipating food is quite high. That said, I have gone from a 3-4 times a day girl, to a 2-3 times a week, on the plan, and that to me, is infinitely preferable.

Can't believe your talking about poo MLM - I would NEVER do that! *whistles*

May have slightly in this thread however.....
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/158563-evening-weighers-how-do-you-eat.html

Back