Green Days Can veggies really lose weight on SW?

i'm veggie and find that if i eat carbs for every single meal i will still lose but it will only be half a pound to a pound.

i have massive portions for my evening meal and if i have pasta i can easily eat 250g (half a bag) for my dinner! yes this is loads, but sometimes i have do a big appetite and i am working on getting my portions smaller.

the weeks where i have my portions under control i have much better losses (2-4lbs). if you're having something like pasta it's better to have it in a smaller dish with a big salad bowl to accompany your meal or if you having a jacket potato have a medium one with salad rather than the biggest one you can find.

Thank you for all the replies in this thread, I started SW last Wednesday and have opted for the Green plan, I haven't been hungry all week:) so am looking forward to the weigh in this week, I certainly feel like I shouldn't have lost weight the amount I have eaten, we'll see!:D

Good luck for your weigh in!

I first did SW back in 2008 and lost 4 stone in 6 months, I was vegetarian then, had been for 15 years :) Then I tried a bit of everything else, calorie counting, eating meat again, weightwatchers, more calorie counting...

After putting on 21lbs since then, I'm back now, adopting my good ol' vegetarian Slimming World lifestyle, and hoping to achieve the same results again!!!

This has been a great thread to read. I'm veggie and started last Thursday. There's some great ideas here. I think it is def important to vary the meals and not base everyone on carbs.

Thanks guys, I'm loving this sw area! Xxx

I am not veggie but I try and have at least one carb free meal a day. I use my HexB in my morning cereal and have my HexA in milk form for tea and coffee, and then depending on how hungry I am at lunch or tea, I will have perhaps a jacket potato for lunch or tea. If I am not that hungry at lunchtime I go for a lighter lunch option and a heavier evening meal, like a bolognaise, so that I dont go through the evening with the munchies.

End of second week now, weigh in tomorrow, so the scales will tell me if I am getting it right or not.

I'm a fake veggie (eat fishies and birdies :p) and motsly eat veggie meals. I only eat chicken if I'm eating out, but do buy the odd bit of fish.
I think my losses are a little slow, but that's only compared to others because I've never done a proper diet before so I don't really know. Saying that, I have lost 24lbs so far :D

Definitely have a look for veggie friendly recipe's to try if you're worried about carbs. I do like my carbs tho :eek:

Another pescatarian here (I eat fish perhaps three times a year! lol). I've lost just under three stone in just over two years. Slow? Yup. But I know that weight's gone forever.
I eat pasta / potatoes every single day, sometimes twice...sometimes thrice!

i'm struggling here theres just no way i'm deviating from it and stilll NO weight loss ...what can i be doing wrong???....maybe just not suited to it?

I lost almost 10st in 18 months doing purely Green Days, so it certainly can be done! I went vegetarian at the same time I started the SW plan, so carbs were a regular feature of my eating. However, I will say that I cut out white versions and stuck to wholewheat pasta and brown rice, and I was careful with my portions of both. I made sure I didn't have them more than a couple of times a week, and instead based my eating around pulses, quorn and vegetables.

I think being sensible with the portion sizes is the answer in the long term, but if you've been in a bad eating cycle for a while then the most important thing right now is to teach yourself to eat healthily, first and foremost. The SW plan is brilliant for that, so if you keep following it you'll be learning new habits that will stand you in good stead for a long time.

Just persevere, try getting more variety into your meals and fill up on veggies.

i'm struggling here theres just no way i'm deviating from it and stilll NO weight loss ...what can i be doing wrong???....maybe just not suited to it?

Are you doing green or EE? Are you keeping food diaries? Are you double checking the syns of things - they get updated all the time? Are you eating enough, or are you feeling like you're on a diet? Tell us a little more, and I'm sure we can help :)

Heya, I'm not technically a veggie but I haven't eaten meat since starting slimming world in may last year. I was never really a meat lover anyway and I love green days too much and they've suited me perfectly so this is what I've stuck too.

To be honest I haven't limited my carbs and do have good sized portions of pasta, rice, potato etc

I've lost 5st 10lbs in one year and two weeks! :)

Keep at it, even though it feels wrong to be eating all these carbs it does work :)

Hope I've been some help!

I'm a veggie and that was one of the main reasons I chose SW as it seemed to be the one plan that was veggie friendly. I've been on plan for 16 weeks now and have lost 2st 2lbs and next week I will be taking target.

Carbs have been given such a bad press over recent years that we all have it in our heads that if we eat them we will not lose weight. This just isn't true. Our bodies need carbs to function correctly. The good thing about slimming world is it teaches you to balance your food intake across the food groups. I also think by having things like pasta and potatoes as a free food there is a certain amount of reverse psychology going on. We all no that as soon as we tell ourselves we can't have something we want it soooo much more. By having pasta for a free food I know I can have as much as I like and therefore I never really crave it and end up bingeing on it. I'm not sure if I explained that very well but I think I got the jist across!

All the veggies out there stick to it. I had some slow weeks which were frustrating but it's always come good in the end.

Hi, I'm a veggie. So far lost 1st 13p in about 14 weeks.
I eat LOADS of carbs and still loose weight.
I'm doing better on SW than I ever did on WW. I just found with WW I wasn't actually limiting my fat that much...I'd eat loads of veg and use points on pasta and choc!!
Now with SW I don't have choc everyday like I did on WW, I eat a far more balanced and healthy diet!

Another Vegi here, I find I am able to loose weight on SW, I am careful to included a large amount of vegi and fruit to my meals, but otherwise its all good

I'm a veggie too and have lost 35lbs since the start of january. Loving the green plan and the 2 HEs!

Back