can we bring cambridge on a plane?

Grimskunk

hi there
im going on a holiday in a week but i'd like to stick to the diet while i'm there. can i actually check in cambrige in my luggage or on hand luggage?

The sachets and bars can be taken in your hand luggage - But when I went to Crete they made me leave my tetra there :(

Forgot to say, I believe the rules are that liquids are no longer allowed to be taken on a plane. So I imagine it will be the same for everyone that the tetra's wont be allowed past check in.

It's a pain!

xxx

sorry what are tetras? I'm in singapore..we only have packets to make shakes or soups.

Oh I see! The tetra's are ready made shakes. If you have just the packets of the powder to make up yourself then it is ok to take those on the plane in either your hand luggage or suitcase :D

Enjoy your holiday, going anywhere nice? :)

xxx

i am going to gold coast australia. :) wow thats cool u guys have ready made shakes..we don't have that here n we dont have bars either.

i am going to gold coast australia. :) wow thats cool u guys have ready made shakes..we don't have that here n we dont have bars either.

:eek::eek::eek: You poor thing! I could make do without the ready made shakes, but not the bars! I feel for you :hug99:

Wow golden coast Australia - I am very envious of you! What an wonderful treat to look forward to :D

Have a wonderful time sweet, looking forward to the pictures and lovely stories ;)

Hugs x x x

Hi Grimskunk - While what Emma says is correct for Europe, I urge you to check very carefully what will be acceptable to Australian Customs. They're very very strict about unauthorised foodstuffs....

Have a great holiday!

Not been to Australia, so wouldn't have a clue! :confused:

I assumed it was the same, but my MIL has been to Australia many times and has echoed what you said, they are very strict on food being taken over. :rolleyes:

May be worth giving the airline a call to ask...:hug99:

can you get your doc to write a note saying its for medical reasons

then they cannot forbid you take it

I went to the US in 2008 where customs is also extremely strict. You'll need to put your packs in you hold luggage, not your carry on luggage. And the most important thing is you MUST declare it. The Aussie's will fine you and take it away if you don't, the American's would've just taken it away. It's definitely worth checking on the Australian Customs website for food that is banned though, just incase. xxx

I went in and out of Australia & New Zealand twice last May, and although I had been fine bringing bars & packs into Singapore, NOTHING was allowed into either Aus or NZ. Those countries are hugely strict with food imports, and I think it's the powdered milk content that is forbidden. Even a doctor's note won't help, as these are government rules and very strictly enforced... don't try it. I think it's just these two countries who are so strict, I know the US & Europe are fine with it.

xxx

I went to the US in 2008 where customs is also extremely strict. You'll need to put your packs in you hold luggage, not your carry on luggage. And the most important thing is you MUST declare it. The Aussie's will fine you and take it away if you don't, the American's would've just taken it away. It's definitely worth checking on the Australian Customs website for food that is banned though, just incase. xxx

I totally agree and this is something to be flagged for anyone going to the USA. Although my CDC said yes, I could put it in my checked in suitcases. i know the customs forms say clearly NO FOOD items and anything that might be thought of as such must be declared.

However there is also a good chance ones bags won't be checked, but if they are , I am not sure what happens, at a minimum, you lose the product, perhaps at worse a fine and a note on ones file .

I totally agree and this is something to be flagged for anyone going to the USA. Although my CDC said yes, I could put it in my checked in suitcases. i know the customs forms say clearly NO FOOD items and anything that might be thought of as such must be declared.

However there is also a good chance ones bags won't be checked, but if they are , I am not sure what happens, at a minimum, you lose the product, perhaps at worse a fine and a note on ones file .
Note that in Australia even if you state you have nothing to declare, your bags will still be scanned. I looked into taking packs back once and just decided it wasn't worth the risk or stress of being packless for a few weeks, or cost. A CDC was willing to help me out for two weeks in Australia. Much less hassle.

As for the USA all they did was x-ray the food packs to make sure they were what I said they were and not other 'dodgy powder'. On the customs form you have to tick if you're bringing food and state what it is. Then you go through the Something to declare part where they'll open your case and inspect the packs and maybe x-ray them. If they've been declared there's no reason for them to be taken off you. I've been through this twice on trips to the states and both at different airports.

Aus is way more strict though, you just have to watch Nothing to Declare to see that. Another idea my friend had was to post them to your hotel to arrive when you do, but I don't know how reliable that would be. Think you'd be better off trying to find a CDC over there.

Another idea my friend had was to post them to your hotel to arrive when you do, but I don't know how reliable that would be. Think you'd be better off trying to find a CDC over there.
The packs will still be picked up as they often scan mail too :)

http://www.shipit.co.uk/Australia_Customs_Quarantine_Rules.htm

Anything more than 10% milk product will be quarantined. Yes, there's a chance they will give them back but I wouldn't bet on it.

http://www.shipit.co.uk/Australia_Customs_Quarantine_Rules.htm

That website is fab, I wish the US Customs one was that clear, took me ages to trawl though it.

Back