Can we unsticky this one please - not sure it's going ahead now

When do you want to go?

• Total voters
I can probably make may but i am going on a 21 day cruise in asia in June WOOOOOP.

Taz x

Perhaps May bank holiday might be a good time!Saying that there are 2 bank holiday weekends aren't there....although 2nd one is always attached to kids half term hols...
Has anyone any ideas about hotels,it would be great if we were all together.Also it might be an idea to pick a largeish one...as we are organising so early,so new people might stand a chance of joining us further along!

Perhaps May bank holiday might be a good time!Saying that there are 2 bank holiday weekends aren't there....although 2nd one is always attached to kids half term hols...
Has anyone any ideas about hotels,it would be great if we were all together.Also it might be an idea to pick a largeish one...as we are organising so early,so new people might stand a chance of joining us further along!

coolio.I'm hoping people who have been already have an idea as to what hotels there are and where we can stay..

coolio.I'm hoping people who have been already have an idea as to what hotels there are and where we can stay..

It's a fairly small place and everywhere in the central area is really easy to walk or get a tram to - but perhaps it might be best to stay on the 'canal' side rather than the 'red light' side of town.

Erm ... maybe? :rolleyes:;):D

When we went we stayed in a hotel in Dam Square, loads of hotels around there and lovely and central.

Yeah Dam Square's perfect! We stayed in Rembrandtplein which was a good location too. Expedia is a brilliant site to use to look for hotels :)

I found this on Superbreak (forgive the formatting of my post, I can't seem to paragraph):

Di Ann Hotel (Amsterdam)

Raadhuisstraat 27, Amsterdam, 1016 DC, The Netherlands
2 Stars

The Di Ann Hotel is located in historic surroundings between the Royal Palace and Dam Square. The hotel provides an excellent base for exploring the city of Amsterdam with many attractions nearby such as the Anne Frank Museum. The hotel has 41 bedrooms which are all well furnished and equipped with modern facilities and amenities. Please note the hotel does not have a lift and a steep staircase has to be taken to enter the hotel.
Your search:

2 adults : 1 night
First night Sunday 12 Apr 09

Rooms Available
Per person
per stay
Select
room(s)Twin Room £51.25
1 Double Room £51.25
1 Includes : Continental Breakfast

Admittedly it's for April 09, thats because thats as far as the travel dates went.

HTHs CC

I'm actually tempted to book this thing as soon as the price are available for May (I'm assuming we're going in May as it's the most popular).

Please note the hotel does not have a lift and a steep staircase has to be taken to enter the hotel.

Just noticed: No LIFT! Steep staircase!! OMG!! What about my heavy suitcase?!! *lol*

No where where i have to walk loads.. even if im thin by then.. i still plan on being lazy.. lol.. Joooking..

x x x

Don't know about the location of that hotel, I'd have said go for either more near the Dam, towards the Red Light District or go the other way and stay down by the Leidesplein which is full of pubs, bars and restaurants - including a great blues bar.

I don't know how much is on in the area around the hotel you've mentioned though someone may know more about this area than me.

A friend of mine has been to Amsterdam a couple of times in the last few months, if I see her at work tomorrow I'll ask her to jot down a few details, where she stayed etc.

Failing that I'll probably see her Thursday or Friday if people don't mind waiting lol! :D

Sounds brilliant CC!! Great location and such a good price too!

When do you think we should close the poll to decide the date?

Oh! And is it too early to get excited yet? :rolleyes::D

Be as excited as you want to be my dear.

I'll keep it open a wee bit longer to ensure everyone gets a chance to vote on the month, although it is looking like May. Who knows it may change between now and then - I doubt it though! :D

Once we close the poll, we'll look at getting deals in hotels. I'm game and I will have alittle more money by then.

never too early to get excited.. hehe

x x

Exactement ma amie!

Just noticed: No LIFT! Steep staircase!! OMG!! What about my heavy suitcase?!! *lol*

adn't noticed that. I just did a wee search, nothing too in depth (was trying to take my mond of other stuff :rolleyes:)

No where where i have to walk loads.. even if im thin by then.. i still plan on being lazy.. lol.. Joooking..

x x x

We'll have to find you a big dutch man to sweep you off your feet and carry you around permanently. ;)

Don't know about the location of that hotel, I'd have said go for either more near the Dam, towards the Red Light District or go the other way and stay down by the Leidesplein which is full of pubs, bars and restaurants - including a great blues bar.

I don't know how much is on in the area around the hotel you've mentioned though someone may know more about this area than me.

Cool. Nothing is set in stone yet. It was just a preliminary search just to get people's travel juices flowing. So to speak. Great advice. Will bare that in mind. tah :clap:

A friend of mine has been to Amsterdam a couple of times in the last few months, if I see her at work tomorrow I'll ask her to jot down a few details, where she stayed etc.

Failing that I'll probably see her Thursday or Friday if people don't mind waiting lol! :D

great (said with a liverpudlian accent) :D Lookinf forward to you reporting back.

I still can't believe we're going global!

Thanks Gang.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back