Can we unsticky this one please - not sure it's going ahead now

When do you want to go?

• Total voters
Came across various photos and keepsakes from my last visit to Amsterdam yesterday (which have now been binned, but thats another story lol) CANT WAIT to go back :party0049:

I can't wait to see you again! If I weren't so skint I'd come up to Glasgow!

I will I sooooo.... promise!!! I'll have to wait until next year to see you at this rate.

I've just checked hotel room prices and flights and well it [Glasgow] is way out of my budget. :(

How's the diet getting on? You must be tiny right now!

Hi Guys,

I've had the poll open for a long time now and all those interested in Amsterdam next year have voted ..... thank you all for taking the time out.

You are now all aware that the overwhelming consensus is for the Dutch Minimins Meet to happen in May of 2009. Apologies to all those people who can't make it in May.

Firstly, could the powers that be close the poll? Thank you! :)

Seondly, due to this meet happening 12 months from now it's likely that there will be a myriad of other meets in between now and then and it is likely that this thread will get lost. So would it be possible for the powers that be to make it a sticky?

Also, I propose going the weekend of the May Day bank holiday. Any other suggestions?

So from now on in we can discuss hotels, flights and scheduling etc. etc.

Thanks again,

Cah-Ching!

Okay so we're talking the weekend of Friday 1st May through to Monday 4th May 2009 - am I right in this?

If so then I've just checked my flight as it would be from Manchester to Amsterdam flying with BA and it's working at £184.20 ---- if everyone else could check theirs we can get an approximate of how much it would cost to book now. For me from what I know about Easyjet it would be cheaper for me to hang on till their seats become available but that will only likely be around October time.

Okay so we're talking the weekend of Friday 1st May through to Monday 4th May 2009 - am I right in this?

If so then I've just checked my flight as it would be from Manchester to Amsterdam flying with BA and it's working at £184.20 ---- if everyone else could check theirs we can get an approximate of how much it would cost to book now. For me from what I know about Easyjet it would be cheaper for me to hang on till their seats become available but that will only likely be around October time.

I'll be hanging on for Easyjet too Katie as £184.20 is ridiculous IMO!!

CC, you do realise hun that if it is going to be a bank holiday weekend then flights may be dearer anyway as kids are off school? Just a thought:confused: Will need to check it out though..xxx:D

There are 2 bank holidays in May, Can we confirm that we are talking about the one at the beginning of May rather than the one at the end of may.

I also wonder that the prizes for both hotel and flights will be dearer at a bank holiday so would a different weekend be cheaper.

Irene xx

Okay for comparisons using Hotel Delta
1st - 4th May Twin Room 365 Euros per room (£290)
8th - 11th May Twin Room 365 Euros per room (£290)

so it doesn't appear that the price changes for the Bank Holidays, maybe that is just a UK thing.

Hi,

I id wonder about not going during the bank hol (BH), but firgured that BH's won't affect hotel prices in Amsterdam.

The BH is just a proposition ... nothing set in stone yet except the time of year and the location ;)

April 30th is a Bank Holiday in Holland (Queen's Day) and they close off the centre of Amsterdam to traffic and have one huge street party! This may affect going on May 1st as the hotels all put their prices up around that time.

I'm concerned that people may not want to go now because of the price.

I was hopeing that planning it so far in advance would give you the opportunity to save.

Admittedly, this Minimins meet may cost slightly more than a meet in the UK ... but it will be so much fun!

Yey! 1 year to save
Yey! 1 year to lose weight!!

This is something special.. and i sure as hell dont want to miss the chance.. I have a year to save.. and a year to lose weight.. so ill mark it as a present from me to me.. hehe..

I think so long as people have realised it will cost a bit more than a regular meet in england..

I reeeeally want this to go ahead.. Pleeeeeease

x x x

Why don't we set a date and then we can start looking at flight/hotel options etc? If Bank Holidays might be more pricey, perhaps look at one of the other weekends instead?

As it's so far in advance, even if we book the hotel now we'll probably only have to pay a small deposit to secure the rooms with the balance due (usually) about 8 weeks before arrival ... so plenty of time to save up :)

The second Bank Holiday weekend in May should be okay. It's only around April 30th that the prices go up.:)

I'm still all for going --- just that I prob won't book my flights till around Sept/Oct as it makes much more sense for me to go with EasyJet ..... apart from the fact they are so much cheaper they also fly from Liverpool which is much better for me.

Back