can you add water to the shakes instead of milk?

JustForMe

Gold Member
well it says all in the title :eek:

i'm not sure but i reckon it would taste yuk. Do you not like milk or would you be doing it for other reasons ?

im not really that keen on milk. Im currently doing CS but im looking for cheaper alternatives!

Nope not water im afraid. The milk helps to give the shake more nourishment and calories. Its nutritionally balanced to be made with milk.

Maybe try the bars or the smoothies?

Definite no no, like the others have said the skimmed milk is a key part of the balance of nutrients. Plus it would be disgusting and probably not drinkable with water. Like scarymary said, maybe best try the bars, soups or smoothies. But the milkshakes are very nice, my mum can't stand milk and she used to have them. She used to have the vanilla and strawberry flavours as she also hates chocolate!

I understand the convenience it would be to make it with water instead of milk, so here's what I do. Fill up your shake to the 250 ml with water, then add 2 rounded tablespoons (or 3 dessertspoons) of milk powder (such as Marvel) and then the two scoops of SlimFast powder. Set to with the blender or shaking and it comes out much the same as if made with skimmed milk, but has the benefit of added vitamins A & D and you don't have to lug it home from the supermarket!

Last edited:
I understand the convenience it would be to make it with milk, so here's what I do. Fill up your shake to the 250 ml with water, then add 2 rounded tablespoons (or 3 dessertspoons) of milk powder (such as Marvel) and then the two scoops of SlimFast powder. Set to with the blender or shaking and it comes out much the same as if made with skimmed milk, but has the benefit of added vitamins A & D and you don't have to lug it home from the supermarket!

hi colin, what have you done so far? i'll presume you have created your own ticker, saved it and then it shows a couple of boxes with html codes in. copy the inside of the top box and go to your signature and paste it in the box there. when you next leave a comment it should show. x

Aside from the fact that you need the calories and calcium the milk gives you if you do it with water it tastes minging! lol

Tesco's actually do a hot chocolate version that you make up with water. Depends on the taste if you make it with cold water and don't heat it, no idea what it tastes like, but wether you drink it hot or cold I shouldn't think it makes any difference to the taste, just not sure what it would mix like. I have a blender that can heat as well as mix, so if you just press mix and not heat, what's the difference? You'd be restricted to the chocolate flavour though, although saying that I live on the chocolate milk mix one as it makes up thicker than any of the Slim Fast or Tesco Strawberry versions.

Hope this helps.

haha im so stupid i literally thought it was a hot chocolate drink

so is it do the same thing a slimfast shake would. ie replace a meal?

or am i just been blonde again :rolleyes:

oooo thank you for that! im just looking on there website but i cant seem to find it...

will it be near all the slimfast products in the shops?

Hi guys

Sorry to let you know that it WILL make a difference if you make it with cold water - but you COULD make it with hot water and then let it go cold.

"Here's the science bit ..."

Much like instant custard, hot chocolate drinks contain starch cells to thicken the product. The boiling water bursts these cells and this is when the product thickens - and why you get lumpy bits if you don't stir well enough. If you've ever made custard using non-instant custard powder (or even blancmange - sorry to mention so many yummy desserts!), you'll remember that it suddenly thickens once the mixture reaches boiling point. For the same reason, the equivalent instant products need to be made with hot water.

Not so blonde after all, Imgoingtobekelsagain!

Back