Can you believe this one.....???

Sez

has started again!!
Day one of restart for me. Not easy, feeling starving as no ketosis etc etc. (You know how it is!!)

So DH, only bluddy suggests a BBQ with his brother, wife and son!! They can eat like ...like....well like me when NOT CD'ing!! Not only that but they drink and how!!!! Oh, & they always, but always stay late!!

Normally thats totally fine by me.... but Day One on SS???????

sounds about right hun, My hubby invited his sister and brother in law round for a chinese on my 2nd day on cd. men they dont have a clue. good luck hunni.xx

seriously bad idea! it's up to you but if I were you, I'd probably do some chicken barbie and veg for today and just avoid alcohol, or go for it and start tomorrow, or if you think you can handle it, with this nice weather, stick with cd, all up to you hun, atleast it's day one and ketosis hasn't kicked in yet. just my opinion... :) good luck in whichever decision you make.

ohhhh try to be good xxxxx

Its ok!!! He must have detected my reticence.....LOL!! Not mentioned it again!!

He has just taken DD out to the beach now, as its so sunny and told me to stop wasting time on the pc!! No idea what he could possibly mean, do you??

What a lucky escape. I really want a bbq and I am on day 6 of restart - I would so not be able to sit and watch others!

I know how you feel just got back from a barbie today where I spent most of it salivating and feeling high on wafts of sausage and kebabs! To top it off I have to go to another one tomorrow!

I feel your pain!!

Laura x

sounds about right hun, My hubby invited his sister and brother in law round for a chinese on my 2nd day on cd. men they dont have a clue. good luck hunni.xx

during my first 2 weeks of CD one of my best friends decided I shall be her "eating buddy", that is: she went for a sub or wanted to cook some food for herself, like pasta or chinese, and since she didn't feel like cooking/ eating alone, she wanted me to join her... every frigging day!! I thought I'm gonna kill her. But I survived:) i noticed that since I am on this diet people feel like torturing me, and invite me to restaurants where they eat and I watch, my mom invited friends over for dinner when I came to visit her in Germany. But because of that I discovered how much strong will I've got in me:) So I guess it was good for me in a way:)

If there was ever anything that would break my resolution on this diet it would be a BBQ. Being from South Africa BBQ's are a big thing for my family. I went to one on day 3 of CD and was left in charge of the fire for a while...the cruelty!!! BUT I got through it because I'd already decided that my social life was NOT going to be put on hold while I do this. I am still going to go out with friends, go to BBQ's and the like.

I know what you mean Izmirka, since I started this diet I've been inundated with invitations, my social life has gone insane. I try to go to everything I can, and stick to my diet 100%. But I look at it like this:

It's not the last BBQ in the world ever, or the last take away or chocolate biscuit. I'll be able to have all these things in time, and in moderation, without the guilt, once I get to my target weight.

Mmm - I must confess to one or two sausages last night at my friend's bbq. Still, am in week 5 and it didn't knock me out of ketosis so not too bad!

Back