Can You Eat Eggs on Step 2 of CD?

PoppyPoo

Inky Minx
:confused: Hi everyone.

I'm on Day 3 of CD Step 2 and trying to make my daily meal more varied and interesting.

As we are allowed some protein does this mean we can eat egg. If so, how much are you allowed if you had it instead of the chicken/fish/cottage cheese and do you have to remove the egg yolk as that is the fatty part?

I do know that egg white is protein rich and fat-free so I thought I might be able to scramble some in the microwave with a bit of my skimmed milk allowance and some mushrooms from my veg allowance.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance
PoppyPoo
Xxx

When you say step 2 hun do you mean ss+? If that's what you mean then egg I believe is a no no, I think it's down to the calorie content but I'm sure someone a lot more in the know than me will be along shortly to help you.

Thanks for the prompt response kellymundy. By Step2 I mean the 810kcal a day plan. I think SSplus is the 615kcal a day one.

As we're allowed skinless fish/chicken breast or cottage cheese I thought it might be possible to swap this for egg white.

I think the white doesn't contain much in the way of calories as it is the protein rich part of the egg whereas the yolk holds the fatty bit.

I do know that on WW egg white is a point free food but then again so are carrots and we aren't allowed those on this plan. =/

Hope I can get an answer before teatime :D

Thanks again kellymundy
Xxx

Do you have CD books? You should be able to find out from there if you can have egg (don't know where I've put mine at the moment or I would look for you).

Hi Poppy

I'm afraid eggs aren't allowed on the Step 2 (810) programme as they are too high in fats.

The only foods you're allowed are those listed in the orange (protein) and green (veg/salads) boxes in the yellow Weightcare with Cambridge booklet.

HTH :)

I know it seems 'unreasonable' when egg whites are slow low in virtually everything:sigh: (the yolks being the main 'problem'), but it really is better to stick to the book:sigh:

It's not for long. Not in the grand scheme of things ;)

Thanks guys! I really don't get it because if you separate the yolk from the white, the white is high in protein, has no carbs and hardly any fat at all - much less than cottage cheese. I know the lady in the post you mention emailed Cambridge but I don't think they gave her a satisfactory enough answer. I'm going to pursue this further because it just doesn't make scientific sense. Finger crossed!

Back