Can you havea tummy tuck/ boob implants on the nhs?

onefatmama

Hi,

I think once Iv lost another 4 stone then that will be 9 stones in total since January 07:eek:

I will really need a tummy tuck and more importantly a boob job, after two babies and weight loss they have become extremely saggy and shapeless.

Am I right in thinking you can get both jobs done on the NHS?

How long is the waiting list?

Thanks

OFM xx

I had a TT on the NHS.

From what my consultant said you get one procedure on the NHS so you may not get both.

Also seems a postcode lottery on whether you will or won't get it.

M.

Thanks Icemoose :) :)

How do I find out if I live in one of the lucky post codes?

Is there a long waiting list?

Thanks

OFM xx:)

first step is to see your gp - they need to refer you and will give you an indication on waiting times, I found my consulation happened quickly and then about 6 months to the op.

Do you need to be at goal weight and how bad would the area have to be for them to say yes?

Thanks

OFM xx

I would def see them BEFORE goal wait - as you will likely have 4-8months before an op - honestly is it bad? Mine was dreadful and flapped about when I ran up the stairs and kinda floated in a bath! Just be honest with the GP about how it makes you feel - and make an appointment as soon as possible and get thier view, if they are anti it - then register elsewhere or see a different doctor - do you have a good relationship with your GP? How old are you? I ma mid 30's and was considered young and this was good re the op.

I would def see them BEFORE goal wait - as you will likely have 4-8months before an op - honestly is it bad? Mine was dreadful and flapped about when I ran up the stairs and kinda floated in a bath! Just be honest with the GP about how it makes you feel - and make an appointment as soon as possible and get thier view, if they are anti it - then register elsewhere or see a different doctor - do you have a good relationship with your GP? How old are you? I ma mid 30's and was considered young and this was good re the op.

Im in my early 30's and would say that my tummy and boobs are equally as bad, there is alot of loose skin already, it will all look alot worse once I drop another 3-4 stone.

If my gp's practice is against it, how else can I get a referal without changing to a different practice?

Thanks

OFM xx

My GP referred me for a TT and I was seen at the hospital 6 weeks later.

The consultant said his rules were that you had to have kept the weight off for 12 months and have a BMI of under 28 (both of which I had) and therefore I got the operation.

I was then 4 months until I had it done.

Mike

if your gps practice is against it - you will prob need to change - do you have a good realtionship with your GP, do they know you are losing weight? Mine did as I have to go 6monthly for contraceptive pill - so my heaviset weight was on record!

Why don't you go and have a chat with the dr and see?

My GP referred me for a TT and I was seen at the hospital 6 weeks later.

The consultant said his rules were that you had to have kept the weight off for 12 months and have a BMI of under 28 (both of which I had) and therefore I got the operation.

I was then 4 months until I had it done.

Mike

How did you prove you had kept the weight off for 12 mths?

OFM :)

My GP had a record of my weight as I used to go and see him every 4 weeks during the weight loss phase of the diet, he wrote that in the referral letter and they weighed me on the day and I was exactly the same weight as 12 months earlier.

As I say though different places have different rules, so this may not be an issue for you.

I have to say I wanted anyway to show myself I could keep the weight off as having a tummy tuck and then putting the weight straight back on is clearly not advisable.

Mike

hi also when you have finshed your journey (xmas) you will have lost 9 stone? BUT you would ahve kept at least half of that off for 5 months. I personally did not have ot have a bmi of 28 mine was higher in the very low 30's BUT I would recommend that you are comfortable that you can keep the weight off, the surgery is traumatic - as before I would def make an appointment and have a chat with your gp, but try not to get fobbed off with "well come back wehn you have lost 9 stone" my GP could see that without me losing any further weight (and I did go on to loose 3/4 stone after!) that the loose skin WAS a problem and was happy to refer me.

Good Luck

Back