Puddings Can you help me convert a recipe please?

Baileygirl

I got the Jamie's Christmas booklet from my mother in law and there is a recipe for a winter pudding bombe that looks and sounds heavenly! The syns however are less than saintly but i'd really like to make it for Xmas.

The ingredients are;
2 x 500mls vanilla ice cream
1/2 a standard pannettone
125ml vin Santo
2-3 tbsp rasperry jam
handful of pistachios
1-2 handfuls tinned sour cherries
2-3 glace clementines
2 clementines
200g 70% cocoa chocolate

I darent even calculate the actual syns but I know how inventive minimins members are so am looking to you for some help :bighug:

Can you see why i'm drooling!!!

por_2199.jpg

You could use bananas to make ice cream with, thats a lot lower in syn's,

Pete’s Banana Ice-Cream
Ingredients
Ripe bananas
Milk from your daily allowance
*optional
*Strawberries
*Raspberries
*11g Options chocolate
1-2tbsp sweetener
1tsp vanilla essence

Method

Slice the ripe bananas into 8-10mm slices and place in a freezer-proof sealable tub and freeze for at least 4hrs preferable for 24 hours.

Remove from the freezer, using a hand blender, pulse the mixture to break up the ice crystals until the lumps turn to a smooth constituency, add the vanilla essence, add sweetener as required, depending on how ripe the bananas are. Add a small amount of milk to help it turn into a smooth mix. Return to the freezer for 1hour, repeat the above action until the mix has frozen and looks & feels like ice cream.
Mine was removed and mixed at least 4 times. But I couldn’t wait and this picture was taken after 3 mixes!

BananaIceCreamSmall.jpg

Pete's ice cream would still have syns in as pureed fruit is synned. Less than ice cream though.

But at the end of the day Ive got to agree theres not really much that is substitutable in this recipe. I would either make the real thing and damn well enjoy it or not make it at all :)

Can you freeze fat free yogurt? One of those muller lights with chocolate topping frozen perhaps.

Panettone? maybe banana or fried plantain(done with fry light)

vin Santo? rum or another a spoon of another essence flavouring

use freash fruit instead of tinned and jam

Thats about all I could think of and I'm not even sure how a frozen muller will work out

Baileygirl said:
I got the Jamie's Christmas booklet from my mother in law and there is a recipe for a winter pudding bombe that looks and sounds heavenly! The syns however are less than saintly but i'd really like to make it for Xmas.

The ingredients are;
2 x 500mls vanilla ice cream
1/2 a standard pannettone
125ml vin Santo
2-3 tbsp rasperry jam
handful of pistachios
1-2 handfuls tinned sour cherries
2-3 glace clementines
2 clementines
200g 70% cocoa chocolate

I darent even calculate the actual syns but I know how inventive minimins members are so am looking to you for some help :bighug:

Had a thought about this and would do the following:-

Substitute :-
1/2 syn roulade for pannetone
Real cherries for sour ones or syn glacé ones
Make vanilla fat free yogurt icecream in an icecream maker (add the other ingredients eg nuts as its freezing) this is free

Would syn:-
red wine
raspberry jam
Pistachios

Would omit glacé clementines

Then would loosely drizzle with some synned chocolate

This should reduce your syn quantity greatly

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back