Can You Make Shakes Into Icecream?

xKimmiex

Silver Member
if so how the hell do you do it?! lol really would like to know! ive had frozen tetra, there lush! :eek:

NOt quite ice cream, but have you tried blending them with loads of ice cubes!! I made a thick banana smoothie the other day. mmmmmmmm....

i do krissy . :) dont put in frezer for to long though just a couple of hours or they end up like ice.. lol really hard!!

cant freeze your packs they only got life span of 15 mins after made up.... i might be wrong though lol..

I put the jug in the freezer with water....when there is surface ice I break it up, add the shake powder and blitz with the electric hand whisk.
At this point it is like a thick (McD's) shake.
Put it back in the freezer for another15 or so mins, blitz again with the whisk and its like soft ice-cream....eat with a spoon & enjoy:drool:

I sometimes save some of my peanut bar and add lumps of it to a banana/chocolate soft ice-cream!!

From what I read on here some time ago, freezing the shakes this way doesn't cause the vits & mins to degenerate...and anyway you can 'cook' one a day!!
XXXXX

I might have to try the shake icecream.

I tried the tetras frozen, but maybe I was doing it wrong? Frozen too hard, and I am too impatient to wait for it to defrost! The choc tetra was too odd a colour, and well and truly put me off!

I might brave a choc mint one tonight!

Is it very sad to be this excited?

not at all mind.. lol ... i to froze my tetra to long, i only put it in the freezer for about 3 hours now and its just right for me..

omg i bet the vanilla is lush.. must try that, just stuck loads of cubes in the freezer ready :)

The strawberry is nice as well with some lumps of cranberry or peanut bars.....reminds me (at a stretch;)) of Haagendaas Strawberry Cheescake.....

XX

Tetras take about 3/4 hour to defrost.

I prefer to make instant ice cream .... freeze water as ice cubes. Crush in a food processor or coffee grinder, add whatever flavour shake you want plus a little water to mix ... zzzzzzzz up in the food processor again - and viola ice cream!!!

As summer is approaching - you can also make ice pops with the water flavouring .... buy kiddies ice lolly moulds!!

You have to be kind of organised to freeze your tetras right, I find. Remembering to put one in the freezer 3 hours before I want one very often doesn't happen, so I quite frequently end up with the concrete block. When that happens, I tear off the packet and whack it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute (take the packaging off, otherwise you get a bit of a fireworks display). So the bottom gets a bit warm but I figure it can't hurt much :)

Alternatively, and I discovered this by accident, take your rock solid tetra to work. By the time it gets to lunchtime, it's damned near perfect ice cream.

You have to be kind of organised to freeze your tetras right, I find. Remembering to put one in the freezer 3 hours before I want one very often doesn't happen, so I quite frequently end up with the concrete block. When that happens, I tear off the packet and whack it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute (take the packaging off, otherwise you get a bit of a fireworks display). So the bottom gets a bit warm but I figure it can't hurt much :)

Alternatively, and I discovered this by accident, take your rock solid tetra to work. By the time it gets to lunchtime, it's damned near perfect ice cream.

Lilly are you saying it takes 3hours for a tetra to be frozen enough to eat as ice cream? I froze a tetra before and it turned into an ice block i obvisiously left it in for to long..dont want to waste another pack!! thanks;)

These sound yummy, i must get myself a blender!!!!!!

Lilly are you saying it takes 3hours for a tetra to be frozen enough to eat as ice cream? I froze a tetra before and it turned into an ice block i obvisiously left it in for to long..dont want to waste another pack!! thanks;)

LOL, yep for me (I guess freezers vary a bit) between 3 and 4 hours does it. But even if it becomes an ice block, you don't need to throw it away. Either nuke it in the microwave, like I said, or leave it out for a while. I have a feeling that if you take it out of the packet it defrosts quicker, say in about an hour, cos if you leave it in the packet it takes 2 to 3 hours to defrost, I've found. :)

Back