Can You Make Shakes Into Icecream?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by xKimmiex, 29 April 2008 Social URL.

1. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    if so how the hell do you do it?! lol really would like to know! ive had frozen tetra, there lush! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    NOt quite ice cream, but have you tried blending them with loads of ice cubes!! I made a thick banana smoothie the other day. mmmmmmmm....

4. Krissybaby

Krissybaby Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    This might be a really stupid question but do you freeze the tetras in their carton?:confused:

5. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    i do krissy . :) dont put in frezer for to long though just a couple of hours or they end up like ice.. lol really hard!!

cant freeze your packs they only got life span of 15 mins after made up.... i might be wrong though lol..

6. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I put the jug in the freezer with water....when there is surface ice I break it up, add the shake powder and blitz with the electric hand whisk.
    At this point it is like a thick (McD's) shake.
    Put it back in the freezer for another15 or so mins, blitz again with the whisk and its like soft ice-cream....eat with a spoon & enjoy:drool:

I sometimes save some of my peanut bar and add lumps of it to a banana/chocolate soft ice-cream!!

From what I read on here some time ago, freezing the shakes this way doesn't cause the vits & mins to degenerate...and anyway you can 'cook' one a day!!
    XXXXX

7. dropsofjupiter

dropsofjupiter Lurks a lot

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.57%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I might have to try the shake icecream.

I tried the tetras frozen, but maybe I was doing it wrong? Frozen too hard, and I am too impatient to wait for it to defrost! The choc tetra was too odd a colour, and well and truly put me off!

I might brave a choc mint one tonight!

Is it very sad to be this excited?

8. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    not at all mind.. lol ... i to froze my tetra to long, i only put it in the freezer for about 3 hours now and its just right for me..

omg i bet the vanilla is lush.. must try that, just stuck loads of cubes in the freezer ready :)

9. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    The strawberry is nice as well with some lumps of cranberry or peanut bars.....reminds me (at a stretch;)) of Haagendaas Strawberry Cheescake.....

XX

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Tetras take about 3/4 hour to defrost.

I prefer to make instant ice cream .... freeze water as ice cubes. Crush in a food processor or coffee grinder, add whatever flavour shake you want plus a little water to mix ... zzzzzzzz up in the food processor again - and viola ice cream!!!

As summer is approaching - you can also make ice pops with the water flavouring .... buy kiddies ice lolly moulds!!

11. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    You have to be kind of organised to freeze your tetras right, I find. Remembering to put one in the freezer 3 hours before I want one very often doesn't happen, so I quite frequently end up with the concrete block. When that happens, I tear off the packet and whack it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute (take the packaging off, otherwise you get a bit of a fireworks display). So the bottom gets a bit warm but I figure it can't hurt much :)

Alternatively, and I discovered this by accident, take your rock solid tetra to work. By the time it gets to lunchtime, it's damned near perfect ice cream.

12. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Lilly are you saying it takes 3hours for a tetra to be frozen enough to eat as ice cream? I froze a tetra before and it turned into an ice block i obvisiously left it in for to long..dont want to waste another pack!! thanks;)

13. bluemoon

bluemoon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante plus a meal
    These sound yummy, i must get myself a blender!!!!!!

14. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    LOL, yep for me (I guess freezers vary a bit) between 3 and 4 hours does it. But even if it becomes an ice block, you don't need to throw it away. Either nuke it in the microwave, like I said, or leave it out for a while. I have a feeling that if you take it out of the packet it defrosts quicker, say in about an hour, cos if you leave it in the packet it takes 2 to 3 hours to defrost, I've found. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.