Can you please check if I am doing SW plan correctly?

cheeser

Hiya,

Can you please check if I am doing this correctly please (original):

Breakfast
1 x 50/50 400g loaf bread (b)
3 scan bran (b)
3 laughing cow exta light (a)
milk (a)

Snacks
2 plums

Lunch
Free salad
28g feta cheese (3.5 syn)
green olives (1 syn)
1 muller light banana flavour

Snack
2 satsuma

Tea
Extra lean mince
onion/turnip/oxo/peppers/mushroom
1 small chicken fillet

Supper
Slice of SW tuna quiche

I feel I may be eating too much :cry:

I am presuming this is a extra easy day and you have split you Healthy extra's and are not having 2 of each? You didn't clarify how much milk you had, or which type. i.e semi or skimmed etc.

I am pretty sure the 50/50 bread does not qualify as a healthy extra I am afraid (it isnt listed on the Healthy Extra's list anyway, unless it is a new addition, but I doubt it, as it doesnt contain enough fibre). Also I think all the 50/50 loaves are 800g not 400g. You are only allowed 57g of any wholewheat bread as a Healthy Extra B choice, which is usually 2 slices of a 400g loaf and 1 slice of a 800g loaf.

So you would need to syn the bread, which still leaves you with 1/2 a HEb to have.

Other than that your day looks fine. Just make sure your syns are calculated correctly, you dont state how many olives you had? and your superfree foods are a 1/3 of your plate at meals time.

Good luck!!

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for that.

I have just checked the bread is 50/50 kingsmill40g crustless, but is NOT on the HE (b) choice list :eek:

I have selected to be on original today.

I had 6 green pitted olives.

:D:D:D

okay if you are on a original day, then you are allowed 2 HEa's and 2 HEb's, same goes for green days, but of course you can only have 1 HEa and 1 HEb on a Extra Easy day.

You of course need to syn the bread, as it doesnt qualify as a healthy extra B and Bread doesn't qualify for any free food, so just look at the calories for a slice, divide by 20 and you have your syn value.

But 3 laughing cow extra lights are only half of a Healthy extra A choice. So depending on how much milk you had, you could probably fit the feta cheese into your Healthy Extras, which would free you some more syns to then use against the bread. I would double check over your healthy extra's list just so you have it clear in your mind which items you are allowed and how much of them.

You are well within the 15 daily syns though, so should be covered.

Thanks BritMumInCanada, I will go through the a's and b's list again.

BritMumInCanada said:
okay if you are on a original day, then you are allowed 2 HEa's and 2 HEb's, same goes for green days, but of course you can only have 1 HEa and 1 HEb on a Extra Easy day.

You of course need to syn the bread, as it doesnt qualify as a healthy extra B and Bread doesn't qualify for any free food, so just look at the calories for a slice, divide by 20 and you have your syn value.

But 3 laughing cow extra lights are only half of a Healthy extra A choice. So depending on how much milk you had, you could probably fit the feta cheese into your Healthy Extras, which would free you some more syns to then use against the bread. I would double check over your healthy extra's list just so you have it clear in your mind which items you are allowed and how much of them.

You are well within the 15 daily syns though, so should be covered.

Is that how u calculate all syns britmum? Take the calorie content and divide by 20?

no, the 20 calories = 1 syn can only be used for foods WITHOUT a free food allowance.

that is any of the following:

Alcoholic drinks
Biscuits, including cereal bars and savoury crackers
Bread & crispbreads
Breakfast cereals
Cakes & bakery items, e.g. carrot cake
Crisps & snacks
Dressings & dips, e.g. salsa, salad dressing
Fruit - canned, dried and stewed
Pastry products (sweet & savoury), e.g. salmon en croute, apple pie
Pizza
Puddings & desserts
Sandwich/deli fillers
Sandwiches and wraps
Sauces, e.g. jars of tomato-based pasta sauce
Soft drinks, including yogurt drinks fruit/vegetable juice and fruit smoothies
Soups, all varieties
Sweets & chocolates

Anything that qualifies for a free food allowance then you need to use the syns calculator.

Thanks for the update Britmum. I thought for a second you're kidding me, for 4 weeks I have lugged my food directory everywhere and it's that simple!

That makes sense now.

I have to say I absolutely love your website. I thinks it's a great idea and a massive support tool for people like myself doing it from home.

Back