CANCELLED!!!!!! Manchester meet - Sat June 28 CANCELLED!!!!!!

hi all - am brand new to mini mins - only found the site yesterday. Glad I did though - you all seem really genuine.

Just curious about the Manchester meet are us newbies welcome? I live just outside Manchester (Bolton) so would be an ideal chance to meet some of you lovely people.

Let me Know

Thanks Caroline x

Please come along and join us ... newbies, oldies, CD, LL, WW, SW, LT .... and uncle tom cobleigh and all welcome!!!

Right could locals help which of these hotels is better situated/or nicer...all about the same price.
Brittania
Gardens
Ramada
Thanks

Right could locals help which of these hotels is better situated/or nicer...all about the same price.
Brittania
Gardens
Ramada
Thanks

All very central, all pretty close to each other - wouldn't say any in the best area.....( of the 3 I, personally, would discount the Brittania - have heard it's rather grotty....). If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking at? (You can often get good deals on apartments....some of them are lovely and you could easily share if anyone else is looking).

All very central, all pretty close to each other - wouldn't say any in the best area.....( of the 3 I, personally, would discount the Brittania - have heard it's rather grotty....). If you don't mind me asking, how much are you looking at? (You can often get good deals on apartments....some of them are lovely and you could easily share if anyone else is looking).

they are all about £80 for the night...I am sharing with Sarah hopefully.We only really need a bed for the night.Which area would be the best for meeting up with everyone and going out?I had presumed we would meet central Manchester

they are all about £80 for the night...I am sharing with Sarah hopefully.We only really need a bed for the night.Which area would be the best for meeting up with everyone and going out?I had presumed we would meet central Manchester

Per room or per person?

Central Manchester yes - but those hotels are all between the bus station and train station, so therefore very busy and loud at night.... If any, the Ramada "could" be slightly quieter as it's much higher than the others, but I'd definitely say no to the Britannia...

Sorry not to be of any more help....

Gutted I can't make it that saturday.

The apartments are a great idea if there are a few of you, we paid about 150 quid a night for an apartment that slept 4 but 6 of us stayed there.

Hi there.

I'm afraid I won't be attending this meet.

Thanks anyway.

xxxxx

Is there anyone staying in hotels in manchester? its just im gonna have a bag.. and i was wondering if i could put it in someones room when we're out..? i would get into manchester at about 2 if anyones gonna be around..

x x

Is there anyone staying in hotels in manchester? its just im gonna have a bag.. and i was wondering if i could put it in someones room when we're out..? i would get into manchester at about 2 if anyones gonna be around..

x x

I'd lend you my room my lovely but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull out of this one too.

Finances won't stretch to this one and Liverpool too :mad:

No don't think I'm going to have a room either....might coach up for the day...depends on what the final arrangements are and what time last coach/train is home.

Oh guys, I'm gonna have to duck out on this meet. Long story short, my brother had two kids with his first wife....who did a runner and we've not seen them for over 20yrs. Me and my brother found them on facebook and have been messaging them for a couple of weeks. We have now arranged to meet them that weekend. Its so exciting. I'm going to meet my niece and nephew who I've not seen since they were toddlers....they are already calling my brother dad. Its all going really well!! I will be having a meet, but of a different kind.
xxx

Oh guys, I'm gonna have to duck out on this meet. Long story short, my brother had two kids with his first wife....who did a runner and we've not seen them for over 20yrs. Me and my brother found them on facebook and have been messaging them for a couple of weeks. We have now arranged to meet them that weekend. Its so exciting. I'm going to meet my niece and nephew who I've not seen since they were toddlers....they are already calling my brother dad. Its all going really well!! I will be having a meet, but of a different kind.
xxx

Fantastic. I'm getting teary eyed just reading this.

Have a fantastic meet!!

Thanks guys.....its very exciting. I really didn't want to miss the meet with you guys, but for this I'd give up anything. I'll let you know how it goes.......but I know from emails/phonecalls, its going to go really well. Lots of hugs and tears I'm sure.....but the happy tears.xx

xxx

What a gorgeous story, I hope you have a fantastic time!

Flirty and Mr Flirty ... aka as Beverley and KP
Tazzi aka Taryn
Gemma
Mandy
Liz .... and what about your dad??!!!
Annie and Dave
Jem
Poohbear aka Nikki
Festivalfairy aka Jo
Jackie
Kopcat aka Cate
Chika
Isis aka Lacey :)
Mary Poppins aka Susan
Stay positive aka Caroline

Sorry been AWOL off this thread - but really been yukky with GF - but here now! Ok want to firm up numbers .... then find a place to meet - and maybe book a restaurant to eat in ..... so need your yes' or no's as to if you are still coming - and if you want a booking made for a restaurant - somewhere where we can all eat/drink water/ talk etc!!!! Please add something to your name etc to indicate yes/no and I'll try and PM all of you throughout the day as well.

Anyone else wanting to come ... please add name too!

Flirty and Mr Flirty ... aka as Beverley and KP
Tazzi aka Taryn

Gemma
Mandy
Liz .... and what about your dad??!!!
Annie and Dave
Jem
Poohbear aka Nikki
Festivalfairy aka Jo
Jackie
Kopcat aka Cate
Chika
Isis aka Lacey :)
Mary Poppins aka Susan-Sorry no family meet up before georgie goes away
Stay positive aka Caroline

I just thought I'd let you know....I MET MY NIECE TODAY!!!!!!!!

She is the double of me...its scary. There were lots of hugs and tears. She is a lovely girl and we all cannot wait to get to know her and her brother (he's in Florida at the moment). We are having a huge family night out tomorrow. My brother has his arm around her all the time and she's snuggling into him and calling him dad. ITS AMAZING!!

Sorry I had to post..........I'm very excited.

Have a good meet guys. xx

Back