CANCELLED!!!!!! Manchester meet - Sat June 28 CANCELLED!!!!!!

Oh guys, I'm gonna have to duck out on this meet. Long story short, my brother had two kids with his first wife....who did a runner and we've not seen them for over 20yrs. Me and my brother found them on facebook and have been messaging them for a couple of weeks. We have now arranged to meet them that weekend. Its so exciting. I'm going to meet my niece and nephew who I've not seen since they were toddlers....they are already calling my brother dad. Its all going really well!! I will be having a meet, but of a different kind.
xxx

Thanks guys.....its very exciting. I really didn't want to miss the meet with you guys, but for this I'd give up anything. I'll let you know how it goes.......but I know from emails/phonecalls, its going to go really well. Lots of hugs and tears I'm sure.....but the happy tears.xx

I just thought I'd let you know....I MET MY NIECE TODAY!!!!!!!!

She is the double of me...its scary. There were lots of hugs and tears. She is a lovely girl and we all cannot wait to get to know her and her brother (he's in Florida at the moment). We are having a huge family night out tomorrow. My brother has his arm around her all the time and she's snuggling into him and calling him dad. ITS AMAZING!!

Sorry I had to post..........I'm very excited.

Have a good meet guys. xx

That's fantastic Shaz - glad you've updated us! Sorry not to meet you this time.

Not sure about this meet .... help - who's coming??!!!!!!!

I just thought I'd let you know....I MET MY NIECE TODAY!!!!!!!!

She is the double of me...its scary. There were lots of hugs and tears. She is a lovely girl and we all cannot wait to get to know her and her brother (he's in Florida at the moment). We are having a huge family night out tomorrow. My brother has his arm around her all the time and she's snuggling into him and calling him dad. ITS AMAZING!!

Sorry I had to post..........I'm very excited.

Have a good meet guys. xx

Oh how lovely, I can't begin to imagine the strength of emotions that are going on there - I'm so glad it's all going so well, it's really brought a tear to my eye.

Katie
x

it is wonderful that she can so freely after 20 years accept him as her father and feel that closeness and affection. Really beautiful.

I know.....this really surprised me too. I would have thought there would be some resentment that he wasn't in her life....but there is NONE. Speaking to her today, her mum has always told her that her dad was a good man and that she was just too young to be married with kids and couldn't handle it and did a runner. She kept pictures of my brother and my neice has had them all her life. Its like they have been pushing these feelings down for sooooooo long that it all came bursting out. She met her little sister and they both just hug each other crying. oooww very emotional.

Anyways...I wont hog this thread any more.
xx

Sorry! I'm going to cancel tomorrow's meet, as there was only a few definates ....

I will look at doing a Manchester meet again - but will organise it properly - and hopefully those that couldn't make it this time, but wanted to come, will be able to.

Will PM all those on list ....... who haven't told me they can't come.

Sorry! I'm going to cancel tomorrow's meet, as there was only a few definates ....

I will look at doing a Manchester meet again - but will organise it properly - and hopefully those that couldn't make it this time, but wanted to come, will be able to.

Will PM all those on list ....... who haven't told me they can't come.

I'd definately be up for a meet at another time - just too close to the Liverpool meet - can't possibly afford 2 in one month :(

Will be heading for the Liverpool one!!! I love Liverpool.....:D:D:D

Back