Canned fruit

Torsie24

How dissappointing it's not free. :(

I used to eat loads of canned pinepple and peaches on WW and lost loads of weight. But I'm not really that keen to use it as my HEX-B. :(

I didn't think canned fruit was free on WW? Is it really?

I didn't think canned fruit was free on WW? Is it really?

It's free on the old core/simply filling plan but not on points.

Yes, the core plan is similar to EE except you can only have 3 meals a day and only snack freely on fresh fruit and veg. They've changed it to Simply Filling now but don't promote it much.

I did pretty well on core the weeks I did it. But preffered points. Core did make you eat really healthily though!

That's what I like about SW, it is a lot like core, and really makes me feel like I'm making healthy choices, whereas I learnt on the WW points plan how to eat quite naughty stuff in liu of the things I should have been eating to be healthy.

I still use canned fruit, I always drain it and rinse it to get the syrup or juice off it, then I syn it at 2½ syns usually for a half can of fruit.

I put it in sugar free jelly or just have some Fat Free yoghurt or VFF Fromage Frais with it.

Last edited:
Just click on the thank's icon on the bottom of your page on the right hand side, it also has a thumbs up sign too. X

Can anyone explain to me why tinned/jarred fruit in it's own juice has to be syned?

I can understand cooked and/or pureed etc, but I don't get why it has to be syned if it's still the whole fruit/slices etc just in a can?

Thanks
Jacqui

I think it's to do with preservatives and how it's canned. canned fruit is so much sweeter, even in it's own juice. You'd eat a whole can of pears in a fraction of the time it would take you to eat a single raw pear. So they do it to protect the weight losses.

Back