canned fruit

MommyNOriana

Just wondering why canned fruit is a no no. There is some stuff I can completely understand. But an explanation would be great. I love canned pineapple. Regular is so expensive right now...

I love canned fruit to and it taste great, however it has High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. That pretty much means its literally swimming in sugar. and if you have Ir (insulin Resistance) then most likely that's going to spike it and cause insulin problems a long with having a harder time losing weight.

I Hoped That Helped Some - smile

I don't buy the stuff in the syrup. Just the canned in juice. Anyway. I Don't eat canned fruit anymore on SW but I wouldn't mind some pineapple in a pinch!

pineapple in juice is 1 syn for a ring which isn't too bad i suppose. the cans must have extra sugar in.

Think i'd seen somewhere posted on here that there is some sort of heat treatment that goes in to canning it, so its kind of 'cooked' hence synned

But as a serial tweaker here, i just have fruit in juice and count it as free, its not a every week occurance and 1 can is split between 3 of us in a pudding. but shhhhhhh dont tell the tweaking police....lol

Back