Cant eat but need to lose weight!! Help

I had a major foot operation on Thursday (30/8/12) it's called a Triple Arthrodesis fusion, and basically since waking up that afternoon I have been on so much morphine, codeine, paracetamol and anti clotting injections I havent had an appetite. I really haven't eaten, I've used a calorie counter and the most I've had in the last 7 days is like 900calories.

I am just not hungry, I don't want to eat. I've been drinking LOTS like 3 litres of water a day plus lots of tea (without sugar). I know I need to eat to help the healing process but I just haven't managed any more than what I've forced inside.

I need to lose weight so is my body just using my fat stores to sustain me at the moment or what?

I have been on and off dieting for last year or so and lost just under 3 stone and want to lose more but obviously due to not being able to walk etc exercise is out the question it's all diet alone now.

Is it the medication, the pain or the fact I'm not using any energy that is suppressing my appetite?? I want to lose weight but it seems weird not eating.

Advice and suggestions welcome

Thank you

Nor sure which thread you will check, so I've responded on both: Try some soup or a protein shake. At least then you will be getting some nutrition. Hope the pain goes away soon!

My brother in law is on very strong painkillers which have suppressed his appetite, he as Been on these meds for couple years ad lost 7 stone. He struggles to eat no appetite at all and he was a big man. So all in all yes def strong tablets ur on.

Back