Can't seem to stick to anything

twinklyjojo

Hi, I'm feeling really hopeless at the mo. I really can't stick to anything, just seem to veer from WW to sw to fasting etc etc etc, occasionally I'll have some success but then it'll go wrong and I'll regain the weight. Generally a meal out, a holiday or a family event will lead to me giving up. After every summer holiday I say right next yr I'm going to be slim but it never happens, I just gain more.

I'm posting on this board as feel WW is most realistic for me and I'm hoping one day something will click and I'll actually lose the 3 stone I need to lose.

Can anyone identify with this? And has anyone got past these sort of feelings??

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanted to say your not alone. I am the worlds worst diet switcher. I tend to do ok for a couple of weeks on one diet have a blow out so think its not working for me and switch to something else :( its so hard to break the cycle when you know all the different diets and how they work. I know I'm terrible for comparing them and if I'm on ww then ill want to be on sw but as soon as I switch I don't want to be on it if that makes sense.

Only advice I could give is pick a diet and throw all the other books etc out so you don't have them for reference. I find going to group helped me stop switching aswell especially if you get a monthly pass because you pay in advance I always go and if I want to switch I can't do it straight away so I tend to stick with it.

Hopefully you'll find what works best for you soon. If you like both ww and sw then don't forget there's the ww simply filling plan aswell so you can change daily without switching diets.

Good luck,
Dan x

Hiya. I am totally a switcher. Back on WW yesterday. Got loads to lose. Kicking myself that I can't seem to stick to a plan (ah well thats exercise, right?! :)) Going to try to stay on ww.

Will get there in the end. X

I am exactly the same. I actually left WW a month ago and decided to go it alone, then was worse off so came back today.

I need to stick to it this time! I got my first silver seven not long ago and now I've put most of it back on again.

This is me! If you look at my most recent diary you will see all I talk about is binges!! And I say most recent as I was here before, lost over 2stone. But it's all gone back on plus more! I cry myself to sleep most nights and then eat chocolate the next day!

I am really really goin to try and eat my head in the right place, I walk an hour everyday and go to the gym 3times a week but I eat so much it's not worth it!!

We can do this!! I have 3stone to lose, I need too to stop people commenting on my weight gain!!:(

It's got to the point where I wonder if I have an eating disorder. I know people do eat for emotional reasons, but I think it goes beyond it where you're crying in pain from how much you've eaten yet you're still forcing more food down. I'm trying to get counselling for it but not having much luck at the moment!

I just need to stop doing it or I know I'll end up putting on more and more weight and where will it end? I'll be unable to walk or leave the house.

It's got to the point where I wonder if I have an eating disorder. I know people do eat for emotional reasons, but I think it goes beyond it where you're crying in pain from how much you've eaten yet you're still forcing more food down. I'm trying to get counselling for it but not having much luck at the moment!

I just need to stop doing it or I know I'll end up putting on more and more weight and where will it end? I'll be unable to walk or leave the house.

I completely understand how you feel cuz i feel the exact same! I feel like a fool, i know I don't want it yet I still eat it! If its in front of me I will eat it! I need to reorganise my press!! I need to remove all the food from my house!!

I never thought about talking to someone about it, that might help! I find talking here helps, even just putting it in writing makes you look at it and see it from another view.

This is me also!! The last 2-3 months ive done nothing. Ate crap all the time. Started healthy eating every monday.. failed by wednesday. Tried sw again, joined unislim for 2 months and dont like it at all. Since yday im bak on ww, the plan I know works so well and has helped me lose 2 stone and keep it off. However at xmas I got to 9.10 but now im 10.4 and nothing fits. I bought all size 8 clothes at xmas thinking id never let myself into 10s again... so here I am again but this time I know it has to b done..a wedding in 7 wks.. im determined!! :)

Blonn-de, my suggestion is not to buy any clothes in a bigger size, I am getting rid of all my clothes when they (hopefully!) get too big on me and I will make sure I don't buy any more, I'm on a major budget which helps so I really won't be able to buy bigger clothes lol

Hi,

Just wanted to say your not alone. I am the worlds worst diet switcher. I tend to do ok for a couple of weeks on one diet have a blow out so think its not working for me and switch to something else :( its so hard to break the cycle when you know all the different diets and how they work. I know I'm terrible for comparing them and if I'm on ww then ill want to be on sw but as soon as I switch I don't want to be on it if that makes sense.

Only advice I could give is pick a diet and throw all the other books etc out so you don't have them for reference. I find going to group helped me stop switching aswell especially if you get a monthly pass because you pay in advance I always go and if I want to switch I can't do it straight away so I tend to stick with it.

Hopefully you'll find what works best for you soon. If you like both ww and sw then don't forget there's the ww simply filling plan aswell so you can change daily without switching diets.

Good luck,
Dan x
OMG that could so be me!! When I'm stuffed on SW I feel like I could stick 2 WW but when I actually go to WW and pay a fortune out 4 all the books, calc etc I end up feeling sick with hunger and craving SW! So I keep asking myself would I rather get skinny on WW but be starving most of the time (my experience don't shoot me down!) or slooow on SW (again my experience!) but not be hungry! It's driving me nuts! Lol!
Sal x

Hey samsmum1,

Funny enough I was thinking about going back to sw again yesterday lol. I have decided against it though after re-reading through this.

Just wondered how many pp you have daily to be hungry? I don't find I'm hungry unless I use them all on rubbish foods. I do crave more food (I find only on ww), think it maybe because I know I'm limited to my pp unlike sw so feel restricted. On sw though I get bored really quickly, its great for the first few weeks after doing ww and not having to weigh count etc but then if I eat out I find I have to 'blow' the diet in order to enjoy it.

I've even thought about going back to ccing this morning. Hate it when my mind goes into diet switching mode. What diet are you on at present and how are you finding it?

Good luck,
Dan x

Hey samsmum1,

Funny enough I was thinking about going back to sw again yesterday lol. I have decided against it though after re-reading through this.

Just wondered how many pp you have daily to be hungry? I don't find I'm hungry unless I use them all on rubbish foods. I do crave more food (I find only on ww), think it maybe because I know I'm limited to my pp unlike sw so feel restricted. On sw though I get bored really quickly, its great for the first few weeks after doing ww and not having to weigh count etc but then if I eat out I find I have to 'blow' the diet in order to enjoy it.

I've even thought about going back to ccing this morning. Hate it when my mind goes into diet switching mode. What diet are you on at present and how are you finding it?

Good luck,
Dan x
Hi Hun! I,m thinking of going back 2 SW at 12.30 today. I was on 26 pps a day ok for 2 weeks of the month but at pmt time no matter how carefully I used my pps I was ravenously hungry all the time.I was running 5 miles at a time 3/4 times a week so was probably not eating enough to fuel the running but tried not to use my activity points cos they are notoriously difficult to calculate accurately.My only concern with SW is that it is quite expensive with all the superfree food cos OH,s business has gone down the tubes.I,m going 2 give it my best though cos at least SW forces you to eat healthily while with WW I start off well but end up eating low pp crap (my fault not WW!)Good luck with your decision Hun!
Sal x

Hi guys! I'm on ww. Can't stick to it because I am constantly starving! I end up eating loads of crap! Really want to try SW but no meeting near me!:(

Ww simply filling is really similar to sw so have you thought about giving that a go maybe?

Goodluck,
Dan x

Ww simply filling is really similar to sw so have you thought about giving that a go maybe?

Goodluck,
Dan x
Yep I've tried SF when it was called No Count years ago.Then u could have white rice and pasta but on SF you have to have brown (yuk!) You could have f/f fruit yogurts as well! You can have virtually all the WW breads free now though so it's swings and roundabouts I suppose!
Well I rejoined SW today and I, ve got 3 stone 2 lose! I,d love to lose 2 of it for Christmas (only 20 weeks 2 go -scary huh!?)
Sal x

I am a serial Diet switcher too. I lost 6 stone on Cambridge Diet but have regained a Stone & half of that. I have been trying to get back in CD but just cant do it as so miss eating proper food. I joined SW (although I have never done well with SW) and lost 8lbs the 1st week and 3lbs the 2nd but after that lost hardly anything - even gained some during the next month even though I honestly did stick to it. I also found it quite expensive to do as I was always buying food! I am now back trying to do WW as I really feel I need to get into a proper healthy way of eating. I was trying to do it online but changed my account over to monthly pass and went to a class last night. I also stayed to the meeting which I am hoping will help. I know I will do ok perhaps this week but once the losses slow down I will get disheartened and change to another diet.
I too began to think I must have an eating disorder as nearly every waking moment I am thinking about dieting and this can't be right!

I intend to try to just count my points and take the good with the bad when it comes to the scales. I am saying that now but next week maybe back on CD! :cry:

I am a serial Diet switcher too. I lost 6 stone on Cambridge Diet but have regained a Stone & half of that. I have been trying to get back in CD but just cant do it as so miss eating proper food. I joined SW (although I have never done well with SW) and lost 8lbs the 1st week and 3lbs the 2nd but after that lost hardly anything - even gained some during the next month even though I honestly did stick to it. I also found it quite expensive to do as I was always buying food! I am now back trying to do WW as I really feel I need to get into a proper healthy way of eating. I was trying to do it online but changed my account over to monthly pass and went to a class last night. I also stayed to the meeting which I am hoping will help. I know I will do ok perhaps this week but once the losses slow down I will get disheartened and change to another diet.
I too began to think I must have an eating disorder as nearly every waking moment I am thinking about dieting and this can't be right!

I intend to try to just count my points and take the good with the bad when it comes to the scales. I am saying that now but next week maybe back on CD! :cry:
I know what you mean about the 'every waking moment' thing -I,m exactly the same although I,m a lot worse when I, m on WW than on SW. Maybe it's because you have to constantly count so you HAVE to be conscious of it all the time,whereas with SW you think about it when you NEED to ie at mealtimes so the pressure,s off a bit (that's how I feel anyway) Good luck Hun with whichever plan you go with!
Sal x

I lost 2stone on the old system and have piled it back on. I went bk to ww in Feb at 9st 10lb. I'm now 10st1lb having not gone below 9st10lb. I'm really unhappy now, I just wanna stick to it and be how I was before when I lost the weight but I don't seem to stick to it?!

I lost 2stone on the old system and have piled it back on. I went bk to ww in Feb at 9st 10lb. I'm now 10st1lb having not gone below 9st10lb. I'm really unhappy now, I just wanna stick to it and be how I was before when I lost the weight but I don't seem to stick to it?!
Hi Hun I was exactly the same on WW mainly because I was I hungry! Rejoined SW 3 weeks ago and even though I've gone over my syns slightly every week (nursery hols n all that jazz!) I've still lost 5 lbs in those 3 weeks. I don't care if I never lose more than a pound a week as long as I get there and without being starving hungry! There are sample menus on the website and the SW mag - you could always try it for a week n see how you get on? Good luck- Sal x

Back