Can't stop eating

kimbec87

Having the worst day today! Made the mistake of going to the supermarket hungry and brought fruit scones and butter and have sat and eaten all 6 smothered in butter. I have been really bad the last couple of weeks I've gone down a clothes size since joining slimming world and have lost nearly two stone and now I can feel myself getting complacent and slipping back into old habits anyone got any ideas I can give myself a kick up the bum with. I weigh tomorrow so am not looking forward to seeing the weight on the scales tomorrow.

It's always fatal going shopping hungry as you want to buy just about everything and eat it!

You cannot change what has happened and there is nothing to be gained by beating yourself up about it. I would go to the weigh in with an open mind that you may have lost if you have been on plan for the rest of the week, but just maybe you have gained or even stayed the same. Whatever, the outcome tomorrow is another day and a new chapter.

Focus on how far you have come (you have done so well) and do you really want to jeopardise this? I know that your answer is no, so think about why you started this journey in the first place. Get your books out again, do some meal planning, take a good look at yourself in the mirror and feel proud about how you look now with almost 2 stone gone. Maybe you could go out and buy something nice the next size down and tell yourself that by hell or high water you will carry on until you fit in it!

So I guess I'm trying to say don't focus on the negative, focus on the positive here. Good luck, you can do it! :)

Totally agree with the previous poster. Draw a line and start fresh. Don't beat yourself up, we are all only human xx

Thanks for the advice and comments I went to weigh in and i'd only put on half a pound today so wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and am drawing a line under last week i'm starting fresh and am determined to get 3lbs off this week to get my two stone award. I just seem to have become so complacent with it and all the bad old habits are creeping in so after talking with my consultant today i'm going to go right back to basics and weigh and measure all the syns and HE's and use the books again it's so easy to slip into a routine and shove the book to the back of a draw until next weigh in!
Have decided when I get to the 2st i'm going to treat myself but don't know what with yet lol.
I already have that piece of clothing jeanne brought it a year ago is a gorgeous dress in a size 12 I was a size 16-18 when i brought it so am going to hang it on the outside of the wardrobe door as a bit of a kick up the butt to myself!

Next time you shop, make sure you eat beforehand, it's really hard walking around the supermarket with a rumbling tummy :( also, as for the motivation, do you exercise? I find exercising really gives me a buzz and keeps my motivation high. Who wants to binge eat when they've just sweated their arse off at Zumba and undo all the work? Not me! I do metafit, Zumba and kettle bells and find this really helps me stay on track as I don't want to undo my good efforts and eat crap.

Also, keeping a food diary on here and being completely honest with myself and my subscribers about what I eat, keeps me on the straight and narrow.

you have lost 2 stone and a dress size, it would be such a shame for you to give up now and go back to bad eating habits x

I havent been exercising much but am going to start not sure what to do though because i have to do low impact exercise due to joint problems have been thinking about yoga or pilates. Going to sit down and work out my meal plan for this week and I think ill work out an exercise plan for when my little one is back at school would be good to start toning up as I lose the weight. Thanks for the advice

I havent been exercising much but am going to start not sure what to do though because i have to do low impact exercise due to joint problems have been thinking about yoga or pilates. Going to sit down and work out my meal plan for this week and I think ill work out an exercise plan for when my little one is back at school would be good to start toning up as I lose the weight. Thanks for the advice
Have you any swimming pools near you? That would be a good one. Also, on a morning during the week it will be quieter, so you could go after the school run? X

There are a couple of swimming pools near us but im on a bit of a budget and with travel and the cost to go in pool its nearly a tenner a time and they are closed nearly everyday off the week for school swimming lessons

I do rebounding (the little trampoline thing). I can't run for toffee, my knees just can't take it. But bouncing is a great way to tone up (gets rid of cellulite) and is very supportive on your joints. Looks easy but it's not, you have to build up gradually. :)

thanks jeanne might have to give that a go gonna have a look now and see what kind of price i can get one of those trampoline things for

You can get them quite cheap at Argos, but you'll also need a good sports bra and preferably a DVD to workout to as well. I think it's brilliant and so totally underated.

It's not the smallest thing to keep in the house though, so if you don't have much room it might not be for you. :)

Oh I only live in a tiny flat so might not be the best idea going to do some pilates tonight and may go for a walk this evening as well

Back