Can't understand it?

Sarah Lou

Gold Member
Good Morning all

I am due to weigh on Saturday 12 Jan, first weigh in last Sat and Lost nine pounds, had a sneaky peep today and the scales have not moved, I have not eaten except for the shakes, can anyone shed any light on this?

Sarah Lou :confused:

If you've been sticking to your packs and drinking your water then you cannot fail to lose fat.

Now I say lose FAT rather than lose WEIGHT because they are two entirely different things. The body is a strange thing - sometimes it might hang on to some water in the early weeks as it adjusts to this new regime but it WILL have taken fat because it HAS to fuel itself with something now that it's not getting carbs for fuel. That 'something' is your fat reserves.
Does that make any sense?

Imagine you have lost a stone of fat and are standing on the scales ... now someone hands you 2 x 2 litre bottles of water - UP shoots the numbers on the scales - but are you any fatter? Nope.

Both times I did CD, I lost loads in week 1 and a much smaller amount in week 2. But it always evened out a a stone per month.

Hope this helps :)

Feeling bloated this week as well Sarah lou, I am getting weight for 2nd time tomorrow and one min I think I feel bitty lighter on my feet then next really bloated. I think we should focus on inches as well as weight loss on the scales. I took my measurements when I first started, so will do another check tonight.

Keep your chin up, like Russian Doll Said, if we stick to it we WILL lose weight.

i did the cambridge diet in aug-oct 2006 and remembered by looking back at some old posts on here that i didnt loose anything in my second week but lost 17lbs in my 1st. i had absolutely no explaination for it at all apart from loosing water on the 1st week.

Hi Pineapple

My tummy is sitting on my knees (well it feels like it) ha ha! I will take measurements tonight, I forgot to do it last week, I seem to have this surge of excitement and I don't know why! almost abit manic!

have a good day
Sarah Lou

I have to say Sarah Lou that your ticker is intruiging me .... what's going on there? lol

You have not done anything wrong...

I think Debbie was intrigued that your ticker says your heading down to a bmi of 5.2:)

It's fine don't worry about it.

Love Mini xxx

lol - don't worry ... if it's good enough for Victoria Beckham, it's good enough for you ;)

Back