Can't wait for the ping!

kevandju5

Maintaining
I am so excited! Got my lemon couscous cake in the microwave... only 3.5 syns for the lot - can't wait for a nice big slice! xx

Enjoy......X

Sorry to burst any bubbles :( But I was told last week by my consultant that cous cous cake and lasagne chips are no longer low syns and that they can only be used as intended.
I know this will annoy as cous cous cake, cous cous quiche and lasagne chips were part of my staple diet :eek: So I understand how you feel, just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already.

Although, saying that, I still make cous cous quiche. I lost weight before so it can't be that bad....can it?

Okay, my bubble has now officialy burst. But thanks Ninja for the info... I did enjoy eating it though. Just don't feel quite as saintly as I did before!

And yes, Chuffy, the recipe is on here somewhere. Though don't bother with the quark topping - it just spoils a scrummy cake! xx

i was told that yesterday at class too and as your not using cous cous for the reason it was made you have to syn it and its something like 5.5 for 28g and i bet we use much more than that.The consultant only knew this because someone asked her so she asked head office.

I'd heard this as well, and apparently applies to to chickpeas (which I used to bake in the oven for a crunchy evening snack!). Ah well, I guess they're only looking out for our best weight loss interests!

I am so gutted. :sigh: My 3.5 syn cake now has 25.5 syns :eek:! And this is the first time I've ever made it! Ah, well, as you say they are only looking out for our best weight loss interests. xx

This happened to me many, many years ago with semolina. I used to make syn free semolina pasties...they were delicious!
I had just made a huge batch when my Consultant called me to tell me that semolina now had a syn value!! I was gutted.
She suggested that I finish the batch that I had made and to see how my weight loss was that week...I lost 4lbs....I didnt make them again after that though :(

This happened to me many, many years ago with semolina. I used to make syn free semolina pasties...they were delicious!
I had just made a huge batch when my Consultant called me to tell me that semolina now had a syn value!! I was gutted.
She suggested that I finish the batch that I had made and to see how my weight loss was that week...I lost 4lbs....I didnt make them again after that though :(

You still had a good loss eating them though! Wow I wish we could make syn-free pasties!!! xx

They were lovely! I was really upset when I couldn't eat them anymore...same as corned beef, that used to be free on a Red Day as well!

Lol...yes, couscous is free Huni.

I'm sorry peeps, I feel like a right party pooper.

Personally, I think if you're still having losses and you're happy with those losses, then carry on as you were. If you're losses start to drop, then you know where to make an adjustment to your food.

Back