Carb Values

WelshCupcake

Hi everyone... I am trying to plan my meals for the next week but getting confused with carb values. I have googled them and seem to be getting varying results. Where do you guys use to get accurate results please? Any help gratefully received :)

Hi & welcome. I bought a little book from Amazon for £3.99. I also just google 'low carb value for....'. I can't remember what the site is called that comes up.
Although it took I long time at first I looked at every label of everything I was buying to see the carb content.
I know the others will help you, they seem to use different websites to help them.
Hope this helps :D

I know what you mean. I have the same problem. As a result, I mostly stick to labels on the back of the packets - I assume these have to be labeled correctly.

Where I have to do some digging (like when I look up wine carb values!) I normally go with the ones with the highest values - that means I can't over indulge so easily.

I think a lot of people here use myfitnesspal.co.uk to great success tho. :)

I don't really plan what I eat but I eat fairly simply so don't need to do much planning.

A lot of the guys here do plan their meals tho and, as a result, enjoy some truly scrummy balanced food.

Depends what kind of a person you are really. :)

Check the recipes thread for some really good ideas.

Dh and i are making a weekly menu - helps to keep it interesting and reminds us to throw in some new/different recipes. Also using myfitnesspal - i tend to track it afterwards but if i know what we are doing i put it in at the start of the day and that sometimes make me chage it around for balance (carbs/fat/protein/calories)

Back