Carbs and Ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fatpossum, 12 August 2007 Social URL.

1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Does anyone know how much carbohydrate one has to eat in order to affect ketosis? :confused:

I have trawled through the net and been on the Cambridge and LL sites but have been unable to find a definitve answer.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Splash

Splash Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st10lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Have you tried looking on the atkins website? I used to have the book and 50mg came into my head when I read your question but not sure if that is right!!

4. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I think it depends on the size of the person. Cambridge only puts you in a light state of ketosis. If you are tall enough to need 4 CDCs a day you'll be getting almost 70g (with a bar) and still stay in ketosis.

I think the guidelines are 50-100g so there a wide margin. Really does depend on the person.

5. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Thanks Chaps,

Fingers crossed!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.