carbs?

assj

Silver Member
hi there, i am wondering if anyone else is still eating carbs whilst on xenical?
i have found low fat, low cal alternatives to all my carbs, like bread, chips, roast potatoes, so i still eat them, they fill me up which i am glad of as otherwise i think this would be a lot harder.
Does anyone else still get their bread and potatoes in?
when my aunt was on xenical she cut bread out altogether and never had chips and she did so well.
I just dont want it to affect my progress?

thanks xxx

I've not cut out carbs at all. I have cereal, wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta, brown rice and new potatoes ( keep the skins on) and it's not had a negative effect on my weight loss :)

Carbs are just one element of a balanced diet, I've never given them up, or felt that I needed to.
I do try to keep it healthy - wholemeal/grainy bread rather than white etc. but other than that I don't think about it more than any other food group :)

I eat lots of carbs a day too! They're my favourite type of food and wouldn't be able to do this particular diet without them!! I have found low fat ways of cooking all my favourites which is fantastic :D

I used to do a low carb way of eating a few years back but it was almost impossible for me to do it low fat as there just weren't enough food choices as it was.
I am losing weight now at about the same rate I was when I low carbed and feel much better and am enjoying the food much more with this diet.

I've been on X for nearly 2 weeks and have just been concentrating on fat but eating wholemeal bread, rice & pasta. My doctor is weighing me once a month so I'm not obsessing too much.

My real worry is low fat ready meals, cakes & biscuits. I read somewhere that these foods are rubbish as they have little fat but loads of sugar to make them taste good. I'm going to prepare my own meals rather than relying on convenience food as I really want to get this weight off! Can't be bothered to count calories though.

lol rainbow, you cut out all carbs, get them back into your diet, i love love love chips so i have the sainsbury's be good to yourself ones, very low fat and very low cal, it hits my craving really well, they taste better to me than the ones from the chippy.

i eat carbs daily i couldnt imagine doing my diet and exercise without them :) i just stick to low fat x

I am actually going to try cutting my carbs down substantially to see if it makes any difference as I struggle with weight loss.

I won`t cut them completely, But will get a small amount through veg and salad and cut out the gluten free crumpets,bread and treats and cut out cereal.

Will let you know how it goes ;)

x

Back