ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Thanks hun ;) x

Thanks chick x

Hi

Just reading your diary and it cried out to me. I have been trying to loose weight since I was 20 (now 46) . I got to goal about ten years ago with ww and held it for 6 years . then had numerous health issues (back opperation, early meno P , thyroid ,depression ) and am back strarting again but I think a big part of me taking so long to get back was my self esteem was shot. I have been working with a therapist for the last few months and she has taught me that I am a strong person who can change my life and not a victim . I feel so much better and strong .
keep up the good work . remember you deserve this . you can change your life

Thanks very much for ur reply :) I do worry that I won't make or that even if I do I will have loose skin but I can do it :) x

Well done on your losses :) you're doing great

Thanks hun! How are u doing? Which plan? Xx

In my first week of pro points. Weigh in on Monday and I'm really excited to see how I've done. I did it before a few months a go but college and work got in the way and I don't think I was in the right frame of mind. I am now though :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

That's good :) how are u finding it? How much do u have to lose? Xx

About 3st but I'm trying to think of it in little bits or il get overwhelmed and give up lol
So my first target is to lose 8 - 10lbs by my holiday in 5 weeks.
How about you?

Lovely idea :) I want to lose like 11 stone :) x

Good luck hun :)
What day do you weigh in? We'll have to keep each other updated :)

Defo :) good luck! What are ur fave meals? X

Hello anyone who follows this thread :) Just a bit of an update...

In any one stint on a diet the most I have lost is two stone before putting it and more back on.. and more recently on SW the lowest I got was 18 stone 7 so I can't wait to break that barrier and prove to myself I can do it...

Breaking a barrier this week too - I started SW a couple of years ago and never managed to be good for more than two weeks in a row.. now I am on ww I am confident that it can fit around my life (and I can still be sociable!) and so I am pushing through my third week...

Bizarrely despite that fact I love routine I find being at work harder to diet - what with the cake for peoples birthdays and the fact I am hungry by 10.00... but I have decided that I need to make more filling choices for brekkie and lunch and that this will help...

I am still desperate to work on eating more food but know that I am putting so much pressure on myself that I can't face it... so I think I need to take one day of one week at a time and maybe aim to try one thing every day for a whole week... :)

I also really want to start C25k but couldn't face doing this outside on the roads in front of people... I am a member of a gym and also have spent a lot on a wii and some games - and at the mo I am very busy and angry at myself for wasting money - I need to go to gym and use wii!!! I think I need smaller targets tho coz I always expect too much too soon of myself...

I am feeling in control of food (even though there are issues as to fruit/veg/fish etc)

I was on antidepressants for over 3 years and decided that 2011 would be my year - again I set my targets too high but one thing I have managed is to come of the tablets all by myself.. I do have my low days (this week has been a full week of them!) but I know I am a stronger person!

I also want to save money for car/ house - so far I have a credit card to pay off and money is a massive stress - but I am a fully qualified solicitors in June and so I am hoping the pay rise (unsure of amount?!) will help out and I may be able to start saving... I also want to go to New York - it is the only place I want to visit - and want to do it when I am slim - am thinking of saving up to take my best friend as a surprise hen do...

I am her bridesmaid in August next year and so I would like to be at goal (or near) - I don't want to let her or me down - the other bridesmaid is a stunning size 8 and I will not be the fat lass in the piccies!! My only concern is that she will want to buy dresses soon - but she has said she just wants us in same colour and not necessarily style so may persuade her to wait - if worst comes to worst I could get one made nearer time if nothing in the colour....

So money/ sharing house with family (small fridge / freezer so constant arguments about me buying food - which incidentally is costing a lot at mo - although probs not as much as all the meals out I used to have) etc all stressful

I love my job - but feel a bit out of my depth right now especially as I will be in court as of June - so over the next few weeks I somehow need to fit in eating, working long hours, more exercise and loads of reading haha... and try to see my friends (who can also be a source of frustration - I always have to make the effort....)

This must seem very rambling and negative but it feels like a blog/ diary when I can just get it all of my chest.

I genuinely am a lucky girl to have met some lovely people on here who I know will support me all the way through this journey - and I am going to reach my goal this time!! I am a lucky girl coz I have a job and I do have some great friends (even if they are busy/hopeless)! Everything is fixable and controllable and I CAN DO THIS!

If anyone made it this far I am impressed lol... Much love :) xx

I'm sat listening to mellow music... Just feeling physically sad... If anyone knows what I mean?! I have no idea why... Seems to stem from film I saw - was awesome and lovely... Think I maybe feel lonely for first time in a while... Chick flicks have a lot to answer for lol!

I am so depressing on here this last wk!! Screw this - I am awesome and when I believe that other people will too :D
Xx

PMA! One day at a time :) I will be happy and have the life I've always dreamed of! :) X

Thanks Jo! It's a really good point about exercise! I will aim smaller coz it's better than nothing :)

Im feeling more positive today and in control :) I can do this - just one day at a time!

How are u doing at mo? X

Back