ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

:) feeling naughty!!! Just gonna enjoy my weekend and will see what happens on Wed WI!

Hope u all have an amazing weekend!!! Xx

Hi Carly , just checking up on all my pals here after being away for two weeks:D. You have been doing great with a -4lb and a STS. You sound really buzy at the moment . Its all go in your world now. Its great to feel you can enjoy a break off plan and then pick things up again. Thats what I have to do now. Will start pointing tomorrow . Its the only way . !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks both! Hope u had a fab break Breda and welcome bk!!! When u going to WI? Xx

Hi All!

I've had a lovely day but I have to admit even though it's been lots of fun I have felt down!

I live at home with parents and yet still have no money ever! So I spent £25 today - bought a cute business card holder for £8 and the rest was booze/food for tea, cocktails, SATC dvds and the SATC game!!

The other girls all have husbands/fiancées/ cohabiting partners.... They are all size 16 or less.... So they spent the day trying n buying pretty clothes and shoes... And got to go home to someone who loves them!

I kno that I will be slim one day and I will find a man when the time is right but I just felt crap!

I can't feasibly see myself being able to afford to move out for a few years or more likely if/when I find someone who likes me!

And it's depressing to think that even when I am slim I won't be able to buy pretty things coz i'll be saving/skint

It's just been one of those days!!!

Love to all!!!

Xx

Carly use it as motivation if you can - you WILL get to where they are and when you do you will enjoy trying clothes on as much as they do even if you don't actually end up buying any. Shops like Primark now mean that you can get yourself an incredibly adaptable and fashionable wardrobe of clothes that make you feel awesome without breaking the bank and if you buy key pieces that mix and match and jazz them up with accessories you can do it without even needing to buy a huge amount of clothing. I've picked up some REALLY nice stuff in charity shops for next to nothing as well - I got an Animal skirt that had never actually been worn for £5 once (now I've just got to lose enough weight to get back in it!) so really nice clothes don't need to be expensive if you know where to look so don't let that get to you. Your friends might be able to go and buy more stuff but I bet very few of them incorporate any individuality into what they get - you WILL get to a size where you can buy from wherever you want and all that a limited budget will do is make you be more inventive in how you change your outfits around and that will always make you stand out from the crowd so there's a positive in there somewhere :)

Thanks girlies :) xx

Your entitled to have your bad days and down days. We all do, you were making sure i came back on by saying where are u come back and that made me motivated again on my diary. So today its my turn to help you out. As sparkle said you dont need to spend money on clothes yet, cause they will be 2 big soon enough, enjoy your day today and start back on track in the morning ;) look at all the weight u have lost already, in fairness its bloody brill you should be dead proud of yourself :D

I am really cross!

I ate loads yest and went a bit over today.... and will be over again tomorrow for curry ... then Tues I have 3 meals out coz I am in London... and then a late WI on wed...

I just hopped on scales and I am 5 up from WI :( this will only get worse.... and then I have one more week (with a night out) where I should be able to be good.... then I have 5 days at Leeds Festival eating and drinking... then just under 3 weeks till I go for 5 days at Pontins......... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I will enjoy my curry tomorrow and I will enjoy Leeds but other than that I will be good!! I don't need to drink at Pontins coz I just love it... so thats the plan...

I have to keep losing coz I look a mess!! xxx

Hey All :)

Well I realise how pathetic I sound!! Sorry for rambling... I kno it doesn't get me anywhere!!

So new plan! Enjoy curry tomorrow then as of Tues (am) 8 good days then Leeds festival for 5 days... Then 2 good days before last Aug WI! Aim is to stay at 2 stone or more lost - so don't want to gain more than 4.5lbs over next 3 weeks!! Then no excuses! Good every week till Christmas! Will just have to spread my points over any social events! Need to save pennies anyway!!!

I realise I push too hard/ aim too high!

So might aim for 16 stone by Christmas.... Then go from there... Will edit Christmas challenge target at end of Aug if that seems possible.... :D

I really will do this!! I want it so badly! I will NOT give up! Xxxx

Morning Carly! That sounds like a sensible plan. You don't want to miss out on every social event because of your diet. Just look at it as postponing the goal rather than giving up on it!x

yep - very good way of looking at it. Plus if you plan in your head what your expectations are weight wise it should be easier so setting accepting you will gain over the next week or so and planning on how much you are willing to allow as a pay off is a good idea.

Do you know where you are going for the curry etc? If you can look at their menu/website beforehand you can even plan out what you are going to eat so you know how many points and weeklies you will need for it and that will help you make sensible decisions in advance to make sure that you can enjoy what you are eating without having to feel all the guilt that goes along with it afterwards. After all at some point you have to fit your new lifestyle into .. well your lifestyle really. Its unrealistic to believe that there won't be times when you will be eating out or unable to control things so easily and maybe this is a good test of how to cope with that in future? Same as eating out in London and at Leeds festival - depending on where you are in London its now reasonably easy to eat fairly healthily in the city with only minor planning. A lot of the train stations now sell porridge in a pot or fruit salads etc etc which are easy to grab for breakfast and then things like Subway for lunch are easily pointable so you can eat a take-out lunch without it being horrible and also without it being too high in points. Dinner is usually slightly harder eating out but most restaurants you can work out roughly what the damage will be - London in particular its pretty easy to get a tuna steak with a jacket potato or something along those lines which wouldn't break the points bank. Just take what you've learnt so far and try and adapt it to the circumstances and use it to go forward with. If you can achieve eating out like that without breaking the points bank then you should feel a huge sense of pride in that but if you don't then don't beat yourself up about it but talk to your meeting leader and discuss the types of places you had to eat and ask them for advice on how to cope with that going forward.

Leeds Festival - yeah that won't be so easy and you're screwed on that one - sorry :8855:

ooo just read that back and it sounds a bit lecture-ish. Just wanted to say that its not meant that way - I totally failed at eating out in London a couple of weeks back and recognise that feeling of panic at being out of control. That trip I didn't work out in my head what I was likely to eat and actually ended up not really having anything and not enjoying it because I didn't have a plan in my head and the panic at what I could and couldn't have set in. When I talked about it with my leader she told me to try planning a little bit in my head to think that if I go to a restaurant I can have things like chicken or tuna or steak or a jacket potato etc and know roughly how many points I'm having without being worried about it - she suggested that if the portions are large etc just have in my head that I don't have to eat it all which bizarelly is so obvious but had never actually occurred to me! lol

Next time I was out with friends where I knew I would be out of options I planned a bit better in my head and I actually really enjoyed relaxing on the plan slightly knowing that it was a choice I was making and not something outside of my control.

Hope that explains a bit better? No lecturing but more trying to pass on what helped for me so I didn't beat myself up about it afterwards :)

Hi petal! Don't worry! My big issue is I'm a fussy and unhealthy eater! I tried having hypnosis and it didn't work! It's all about textures and it makes me wretch so it's very stressful and depressing trying to eat stuff... I planned to lose weight for a whole and then go bk to trying stuff!

I will be fine on Tuesday I will just have my lunchbreak and find a little place for a sarnie and same for tea... But tonight I'm seeing a friend who I rarely see and knowing that I'm skint she kindly found a deal... If u order 3 courses at the Indian the food is half price... I mentioned being on ww but felt guilty after all her effort! I planned to just find an italian or something nearby and just have a main course... But we are going to the Indian!

I'm still feeling miserable! Can't believe the scales are up 5lbs! The most I've lost in a week on ww is 4lbs yet in 2 bad days I've gained 5?! And tonight will be bad too :(

Oh well we shall take the punishment on Wed and move on! Lol

Hope everyone is well xx

I've asked my friend if we can eat elsewhere but we shall see xx

Rearranged so now going to ask! Will still have main and pus and will still save about 40pp from the curry :) xx

Really well done on asking your friend to change restaurant (apart from the fact that Indian is lethal ) It shows you are growing (not literally !!!) but you are making your weight loss important to you and also had the courage to ask your friend to help with your weight loss . Sometimes we are afraid to ask for help and are our own worst enemy .Chances are she doesnt mind a bit . Im sure she just wants a good chin-wag and really doesnt mind what you have as long as its nice. Well done Girl ..

Hey you can have chicken tikka with boiled rice or salad at an indian, thats def your best option points wise! http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?art_id=216&tabnum=5&subnav=FOOD+&+RECIPES

For dessert, you could have fruit salad or else pop into a newsagent and buy a Solero ice lolly (they're 90 calories)! I used to do that instead of ordering dessert in the restaurant. Or else bring an apple in your handbag and munch it on your way home. Your mind will still be satisfied with the healthy dessert as you will still have something on your hand and something to munch on! At least this is what I've found in the past!

For the Leeds festival, you're not screwed..I remember losing weight the week I was at a music festival..there was a stall with low calorie (as in 300 calories or less-not sure how much points that is on new programme sorry!) and chicken salads for under 300 calories incl the dressing, about 200 calories without the dressing .I had the chicken salad and it was actually really nice. Aside from that, I brought wholegrain ryvita, a bag of apples and some cereal bars with me-special k are the least points but something like nutrigrain would prob fill you up more? Rice krispie and coco pops do really nice cereal bars too! it's personal preference really! I steered clear of alcohol and just had water and diet coke..I didn't really mind tbh because I always feel I'm being overcharged for food and drink at festivals! Do you have the Weight Watcher "eating out" guide? It can come in handy for eating out as I know it can be a mine field!

If it's Italian, I'd go with chicken salad without dressing or else pasta in a tomato sauce! Chinese, go for a soup. Avoid any creamy sauces or dressings or if something is cooked in oil or fried! Oh or anything in batter! Steamed Fish is another healthy option too, Japanese restaurants do nice sushi which is alright points wise aside from the tempura ones I think? The weight watchers UK website give you points of what sauces to put on your pasta and what dressing to put on your salad and also give other good info too

Good luck with weigh in! x

Last edited:
(((Carly))) You are incredibly hard on yourself. Have a few good days before Leeds... enjoy Leeds then be good as much as is practically possible. Enjoy your meal tonight too hun xxx

Back