ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Lol! Just a half bottle and then a few malibus when out :) x

Ok I'm going to go into grown up mode and grab you by the collars and shake you while saying STOP WORRYING ABOUT WHAT THE BOYS THINK!! ;) I mean that in the nicest possible way lol

Your worth is not based on other people's opinions but on your own and possibly those of the people around you who you actually care about. If any boy is so shallow that they cannot see past the obvious then they don't deserve you - a lot of guys I know tell me that they initially get the immediate attraction to the skinny girls who get all the attention but if they ever get anywhere with them they pretty quickly realise that sometimes you scratch the surface with them and just get more surface and that really isn't what they are looking for so don't be fooled into thinking that its what all guys want either.

Some boys yes they go for the superficial but those aren't the kinds of boys that you want to be with anyway. Why would you want someone who's only way of judging you is by how you look?? Even if I was suddenly skinny and stunning I wouldn't want to be with someone so shallow.

You are a gorgeous person, both inside AND out.

Think about why you want to lose the weight for YOU and then as you do, take a long hard look in the mirror and be honest about the bits that you like and concentrate on them - whether it be physical or personality or whatever - but you need to know within your own head what your worth is and not base it on what someone else judges you by as otherwise you will always be chasing a never ending goal and always have severe insecurities and that's when rebounding happens so easily.

Yes you WILL get smaller and yes you WILL look better because of it and be healthier but you will still be the same person inside and THAT is what makes you special, not what size of clothing a random boy thinks you should be wearing.

From what I've seen on here you are a fantastic person with such a giving and outgoing personality and so supportive to other people - all of those quallities are worth so much more than whether you are currently wearing a size 10 dress or not and one day the right guy will recognise that and you are too good a person to settle for someone that doesn't - if they can't see that when you are out then its their loss :)

I hope you don't mind me saying that - its me trying to get through how much better you are than you have in your head when that happens and your confidence disappears. I know its easier said than done because we've all been there but everyone else here can see how special you are and that's got to count for something right? :)

Awww thanks hun! That was so lovely :) I need to get it into my head u are right :) thanks sugar xx

phew - I'm glad you took it as intended and not any other way as with the internet you just never know whether the sentiment is going to come across properly lol

Seriously though I don't know about anyone else but I've found over the years that a LOT of getting this right is mental and its only when I've got to the stage that I allow myself to be happy that it starts being successful for me. If you are beating yourself up in your own head there is part of you that believes that you don't deserve to have what you are aiming for and in my case I get to a certain point and then sabotage myself - its almost some kind of fear of reaching my goal.

But you do deserve to achieve whatever you want to achieve and you have a lot of "worth" which comes from so much more than whether a total stranger can see it or not <3

I totally kno what u mean! There def is a fear of getting there but I will do it! Xx

Seriously though I don't know about anyone else but I've found over the years that a LOT of getting this right is mental and its only when I've got to the stage that I allow myself to be happy that it starts being successful for me. If you are beating yourself up in your own head there is part of you that believes that you don't deserve to have what you are aiming for and in my case I get to a certain point and then sabotage myself - its almost some kind of fear of reaching my goal.

Me, I could have written this but it's so true. And Carly, I can't add anything to what Mifford said so I'm just going to do this instead: :hug99:

Thanks CL! Going to stick to classes for a little while longer at least paying so much is another motivator...
Hope you're feeling brighter. For what it's worth, I can totally relate to what you wrote... Here's to realising we're worth it!!

Thanks girls

Just been to see the inbetweeners... it was hilarious... didn't appreciate all the fat jokes.. that lass was really pretty!! bloody men lol

I can't wait to have a summer holiday - probs wait till 2013 for a bikini lol...

The scales this morning were 5lb down .... unfortunately the water soothed the dehydration and so I am now bk to just 1lb down... oh well lol... September will be my month.... hope I don't gain too much at Leeds hehe

How is everyone? Are we all excited for November?

xxxx

Hello Ladies

Well I am off to Leeds Festival tomorrow so I wont be on here for 5 days... have had a rotten day - my iphone was stolen/ "fell out of bag" and so thats another nightmare I am trying to sort.. just feel sooo drained and sick of all this crap!!

On the plus side I lost 3lbs and got well into those 17s!! 17 stone 11.5 :D - total loss of 2 stone 7.5lb... just hope I don't do too much damage

See u all soon and good luck for WI xx

fantastic - well done on getting so well into the 17s. So you know you have a 2.5lb leeway to be able to stay there even with Leeds so as long as you are careful with the choices you make and try and not go too far over your total weeklies you should be ok - have a fab time and good luck :)

Wow, congrats on the 3 lb loss, must be great knowing you're well into the 17s before you go to Leeds fest :D Hope you enjoy it!

Wow - well done on a great week. Hope Leeds is fun

Well done on getting in to the 17teens Carly . Hope Leeds was fun and that you come back ready to go again for that 3 stone WoW!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Carly! Hope you have had a wonderful weekend. How was the weather?!! My son was at the Reading Festival and by the looks of it, it was a mud bath as usual. He is due home today probably accompanied by a load of muddy laundry! Am I right in thinking that the two festivals have the same line-up? I know he saw Muse last night and was looking forward to seeing Beady Eye. Have a good week.x

Back