ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Well have finally got a phone back... just taking ages to re-sync and gather all my numbers (hoping that they were backed up on comp but not sure yet)

Oh and to top off the phone saga since I got back from Leeds the home internet hasn't working!!!!! lost doesn't come close! was soooo looking forward to catchin up with u all! I will go through threads tomorrow when I have a fairly chilled evening :D

Well Leeds was amazing.. it p***ed down on two of the days but it was still brill... I now have a cold though so feel grotty!!! The only down side was looking at all the couples and thinking that I wanted someone... I will find one when I am ready..... :D the other daft thing I was thinking was that I wanted to be thin enough so that someone could stand behind me and wrap their arms round my waist (and them meet! lol)..... also started to think about fireworks night and Christmas.... love them both but not awesome fun when friends are coupled up!

Anyways none of this makes much sense...

I watched "One Day" this evening and it was sooo lovely... I liked that film :D was so cute!! But sooo sad!

Anyways... apart from having a cold and wanting to sleep it off but having to work I am feeling very upbeat... getting back to the gym tomorrow with my (size 8) best friend..... we are planning to go 6 days a week :D woop!!

And I have been ok Monday and Tuesday but am properly back on plan today... scales were up 7lbs when I got bk so just hoping to drag a sts or 1lb off before next Tues WI!!

Hope u are all really well! I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccck! Missed u lovely lot!!! xxxx

Hey Carly, welcome back . we missed you :wave_cry: Glad you enjoyed the festival . I know it must be hard watching all your friends in couples but try not to focus on it too much . I have a friend who is 46 (like me) and has kissed maaaany frogs looking for her prince and up he popped last year and they are getting married next May. She always went for the wrong type of guy but hubby to be is a really nice down to earth type of guy and worth waiting for. Your prince will pop up too so get kissin those frogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you had a good time and it sounds like you have a fun week planned to get back on track - enjoy the gym. I have also had a few days away so also need to do damage limitation before Tueday's weigh in.

Thanks ladies :) wow good luck Jo! And thanks Breda better find me some frogs :)
How are u doing? How are u twinmum07? Xx

Hello Both :) I popped in on everyone but didn't read much.... just shattered so gonna just read new posts from now lol!!

I am working in the morning... another last minute one for a little 10 year old who has been held in custody till the morning! I am stressing! and I was sooo looking forward to my lie in... Oh well :D I will be fine! Will catch up with u all tomorrow xxx

Hi!
Seems you have a similar amount to loose than me, so nice to see your doing well!
Good luck for this week x

I hope you got on ok this morning Carly. Nobody could ever accuse you of not putting the hours in. Enjoy the rest of the weekend x

Hey All!

Welcome Kimboowee :D have u started recently? How are u doing?

Well I have had an ok weekend... Have been crap since last week... need to get back into it! I have WW meeting on Tuesday but can't decide whether to go or give myself one more week to get bk to a sts... I kno that I can do it!!!! I think that's for the best....

I have hated being off plan... gonna try to be good tomorrow and then Tues I am out for Pizza Hut on the evening with my friend... so from Wed I will be good... Friday I have Tapas and Saturday have a 3 course meal so will save weeklies for then... Also off to Pontins for 5 days this month... but I can do this.... I am going to get to goal in 2012!

I have been thinking quite seriously over the past few days and I am considering applying for the PGCE - Teaching is what I really want to do... Law was always the other option and when I got good grades I felt like I should do that... But I love kids and this is what I want....

Now all I have to do is work out the finances, apply, get experience and persuade the parents I am not insane.. HMMMMMMMMMM

Hope everyone is well.. I will start posting diaries properly from Weds xxxx

Pmsl Carly, I don't think I've ever met anyone who loves a challenge like you do - you have my full admiration :)

You can do this and you WILL get to goal. Getting back on the straight and narrow takes hard work (I'm struggling getting my mindset in the right place) but the results are worth it. I know it sounds cheesy but seeing a loss on the scales feels magical ;)

Good luck with the PGCE plans - you know what, it's better to go for things rather than look back in a few years and thing "what it?" xx

Honestly, I am just terrified of the response of my parents. It took my years to get here and now I want to change... I best have a good plan in place before I speak to them!

Hope u are all well xxx

firstly yes you should go to your meeting today and face the scales because it'll help get you motivated next week - I missed 2 weeks running and found it far too easy to let little bits slip by not having that day of reckoning to keep me on track lol

The teaching plans - as you've said elsewhere its going to be at least a year before you can get into college so use that time to work your plan out properly. I should imagine your parents biggest worry will be that you are being too impulsive or haven't thought it through properly and that you could be making a mistake - I started teacher training college when I first left school and left after 8 weeks because I knew it wasn't for me. I'd had doubts before I went but as soon as I was there I just 100% knew - I love working with kids but I couldn't do it the way I wanted to through teaching basically. My mum in particular was really worried that I was making a rash decision but even though I was then out of work for over a year and struggled to get a job because I was over qualified for one level but under qualified for the other I've never regretted the decision because I knew with absolutely certainty it was the right one. Once they knew it wasn't just me being flakey etc my parents were behind me.

You need to get a financial plan in place to follow over the next year to work out how you'll finance it which will help show them you are serious - you'll need to start putting money aside straight away as well and show them that you are willing to give things up to do this, such as nights out etc, which will help you get used to the reduced income while you are studying but will also help them know that you aren't doing this lightly.

And over the next year you need to fit in as much work experience as you can. Possibly even finding schools that have weekend classes etc so you can go and help with those when you aren't working. This is REALLY important not just to help you get into college but if you haven't done a lot of times in schools you want to make sure that you know exactly what you are switching over to doing. Not wanting to sound negative but I know a lot of friends who fancied being teachers but the reality of actually doing the job day in day out was very different to what they thought it would be and it changed their minds - I have others who became full blown qualified teachers and love their jobs but they were fully prepared for it and know that it is fun at times and they have great stories but there are times that it can be really frustrating both from the point of view of having 30 kids screaming at you all day but also having to work within the system when they don't always agree with changes enforced on them or the paperwork involved etc etc etc.

You don't need to jump straight away as you won't be able to get started with college until at least next September so you have a year in your current job to get yourself very well organised for it which is a good thing and I'd stress that to your parents so they know you aren't just jumping from one thing to another and that will probably help :)

oh and I would say sit down and do an honest and realistic pros and cons list of both careers - not through rose coloured glasses on why you want to switch to teaching but a fully honest list that has the downsides of switching as well as the bonuses. Same with the current job - note what you like about it and the plus sides set against the downsides. It'll help you get things straight in your head for the discussion with your parents when you decide how to go forward :)

Hi both! Thanks for comments! Mifford I have started doing lists, pros and cons etc and will get it all together and look over it :) and gonna get experience in when I can too :) it's just that applications are due by 1st Dec and I need at least 2 weeks so will have to miss my holiday! Which will involve telling parents soon! My finances are tight anyways and I'm currently paying a credit card but I will certainly be doing a full financial plan! And if totally necessary I may have to wait another year and save! Thanks so much for taking time to comment :)

I missed WI but am so motivated and excited to get bk to it tomorrow :) am off to gym too :) xx

Hi hi Carly m'dear! How was your day? Have you spoken to your folks yet? Good luck for the dreaded financial plan hehe. I hate numbers, especially when they have that "£" symbol nearby....
Did you get to the gym? I so need to grab some of your exercise bug and get going, shift my butt a bit!

Keep smiling, nearly the weekend. What's your plans this weekend?x

Hi ladies...

My friend cancelled on me and I didn't fancy it alone... But I like the class we are booked in for tomorrow so I will go even if she lets me down! Then I am busy fri/sat but am doing the same class sunday morning... plan is to go sun-thurs next week but we shall see how I feel... even if I do one or two sessions its more than I have these last few weeks :D I do enjoy it but have to stop punishing myself if I don't make it :D

Hope everyone is well!

Jen I am working out my plan today/tomorrow and hope to chat to my dad next week sometime... If I am going ahead with it it will mean not going on my holiday (only to Pontins but my sister will be disappointed - she can still go but still think she wont be impressed!) and also will affect a lot of things...

I am planning away at moment and will let you all know my decision and the outcome of the dreaded talks! xx

Fingers crossed that your parents surprise you and are all for it.
Are you thinking primary school or secondary?

Back