ProPoints CarlyLanky140's Weight Loss Journey (28/155lbs)

Primary all the way :)

Well you will be pleased to hear (not!) that I am more confused than ever... there are 4 viable routes into teaching and deadlines are fast approaching... so may have to wait till next year... gonna get on with one at a time and chat to parents and hope to sort this out... so confused and stressed now! here was me thinking I had a whole year.. ARGH! lol

xxx

Morning Carly! Happy weekend!
What's the plan today, what are you up to?
Anyways, hope you have a good weekend! Did you get a replacement phone yet?
X

Hi all! Had a crazy week!!! I've missed u all!!

Hi Jen! I've got an iPhone4 now :) it's all sorted! I'm off out for 3 course meal for a leaving do! What u up to?

I've got work experience arranged! I'm
going to apply for teach first but also a pgce :) told mum and sis but still need to tell dad! Argh! Told my best friend too :) still got lots to do and read etc...

I was out for tapas yest and wine... No pps left or weeklies... 3 course meal this eve ... Not had many pps today... hopefully if I earn AP tomorrow and monday it will be ok x

How did your Mum and Sis react?

Sister was cross about holiday and doesn't really understand as she has no real ambition... She was ok tho!

Mum tried to argue against it but was ok I guess... Dunno really... X

I'm so sorry they weren't more supportive. I hope, at least, you feel better for having told them and having it out in the open.

If it's any help my Mum doesn't think much of my life choices. Not that she says much about them or gives me a hard time but deep down she thinks I did the wring degree at the wrong Uni and am wasting my talents in the job I do. And if she'd been choosing then I'd have a different husband. You know what tho' it's my life and I'm happy.
Only you know what's right for you - no matter how much your family care. Go for it!!!! And have fun on your work experience!!!!

sounds like it didn't go as badly as you thought it would though so that's good? :)

Thanks guys :) I'm stressing coz I dont want to do my job for a whole year longer! But will get on with it and get excited :) need to save save save :)

Hope everyone is ok x

I agree totally with L.M.O Carly . Its your life and sad though it may seem your mam and dad wont be around forever and you have to do what you want to be happy not what would make them happy and you miserable .

I know how you feel (I think) I kinda had my life laid out for me by circumstance and not what I could have done . My Mam died when I was seventeen and my dad was hopeless (couldnt boil an egg) so I had to do a 60 mile round trip commute to college to be at home with him (Up to then I had been staying in a house with other girls).

After college I had to try to get work near home to be with him . When Hubby and I got married we built a house next door to him. Then we had Brid and I had to give up work to be around when she started school (Autistic) . I often wonder would I still have a career If I hadnt had to look after everyone but I am quiet happy now . What I am trying to say is not to feel trapped by what you think you should do but live your life as you want to and have no regrets later.

Although it may seem tough now another year may not be a bad thing. You could get more experience in schools, read up on educational theory and get ahead on that before you start, you can save up to make the finances easier and you can get yourself to goal. Just think how much extra energy and confidence you'll have then. That's got to be a good thing!!
See it as an opportunity....

P.s. An iPhone 4.... I may be too jealous to keep posting :)

Lol LMO I prefer the 3 really :( but it's nice to have one lol!

Thanks Breda! :) and LMO! Do u mean two years or just next sept? Confused!

Some people are just f***ing miserable!! Out for a meal with people from work/ court! Sat stuck in middle of people I don't kno! No-one will let me take photos! Can't wait to have pudding and go home! X

Well I was trying to think on the bright side if things didn't work out for you to start in September 2012, but I have my fingers crossed that it all works out for then.

Hope the food tonight is better than the company....

And if the food isn't better than the company I hope the booze is at least flowing...

Had vino yest drove tonight! Food was delicious!!!

3 Course Meal = 50pp
Starter: Goats Cheese and Toast with salsa - Yummy!!
Main: Chicken in White wine sauce with roast Taties and veg
Pudding: Mini pudding selection - OMG! heaven! Mini creme brûlée, mini lemon cheesecake with summer berries, molten choc pudding/mouse with ice-cream, triple choc cake... Will put pic on if I remember tomorrow!
xxx

Sorry to hear you had to spend the night with not tge best company hun, pudding sounds lush tho!! Arrrr no piccies what's up with them?!
Hope your family come round to the idea & support you soon - hope it's not the people you work with that have put you off your job :(

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

No they are nice enough at work just a bit dull... Ended up with a dif group later on which was better! Not the people at all! Lots of factors really! I made a pros n cons table lol! Hope ur ok xx

CarlyLanky140 said:
No they are nice enough at work just a bit dull... Ended up with a dif group later on which was better! Not the people at all! Lots of factors really! I made a pros n cons table lol! Hope ur ok xx

Ah yes pro/con lists are the best!
Glad you ended up with a good night :)

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Back