Carol Barnes - so sad

Greenockgal

I know it's technically not an LL posting, but just read the sad news about Carol Barnes passing away, kind of hit me since losing my mum so soon - we were at and Elton John concert last summer in Hove and Carol was sat behind us, I remember thinking that we had better seats than her, rotten thing to think, I know.

Hope her family are okay.

Yes it is sad, I heard it earlier on the radio, always liked her when she was reading the news.

And what about poor Patrick Swayze? They reckon he only has 5 weeks to live. My mum died of pancrieatic cancer, so I know a fair bit about it, and can see why treatments haven't worked. Its awful.

It is horrible, when people are so young as well, although they were saying about Patrick Swayze that the 5wk thing wasn't true, but you never know, he might just want time to spend with his family, really sad.

Really sad and frighten to me she is only 3 years older than me. She always looked fit and healthy.

So sad:tear_drop:

she was anewsreader on itv- i thinkl she may of had a brain tunour some yeras ago

It is really very sad to hear of Carol Barnes passing...she was exceptional.

Here is a link to some very nice pictures of Carol. My husband could not remember the name but recognised her face instantly, she was beautiful.

BBC NEWS | In Pictures | In pictures: Carol Barnes

Newsreader Carol Barnes ‘dying’ after stroke - Times Online

She lost her daugher Clare in a sky-diving accident in 2004.

Speaking for the first time about the loss of 24-year-old Clare she said: "We had a big hug, much bigger than usual, and as I walked away we took this long look at each other.
"I really felt there was something different in that last goodbye - it was more poignant than usual."
Two months later, in March this year, Clare Barnes fell 14,000ft to her death when her parachute failed to open during a jump in Melbourne, Australia

Carol Barnes: My wonderful daughter

Back