carry on from last thread,please read.........

traceyjayne

Well i have been eating really low fat food,except for full fat salad cream,i have been so constipated since i started these tablets on monday,chemist adviced me too take syrup of figs and it has worked,ive been too the loo lol,thankgod. I also had oil in the loo,so it just proves that even if you eat really low fat then you can still loose a little oil,it was probably the salad cream!! I decided after 4 days on these tabs that i would weigh myself,i had lost 4 Ibs,im well chuffed,yay!! :D
Good luck to everyone x x

:0clapper: 4lb in 4 days is bloody great! ;) You should be totally chuffed with yourself :thankyouthankyou:

Even on a low fat diet I think they remove some of the 'fat' before our bodies store it. I could be wrong :rolleyes: As I stick to low fat like you rarely reaching 15g per meal and my poo :eek: is very soft, I dont get the orange floaty oil though, well just the once I did, not sure what caused it, 1/2 tin of heinz tomato soup maybe, I dunno!

Keep up the good work Tracey :flowers:

Thanks fight the urge i see your doing really well too,well done hun x

Thanks, I lost that the week before I started the tablets. I dont get weighed again until 30-06-09 with the doc & its killing me! :sigh: But dont want to get into the habit of jumping on the scales, as I'd never be off them! :p

Im not due to get weighed with the nurse until the end of the month either,i did the wrong thing jumping on the scales,i wont be doing that again now,just wanted too see if i was on the right track after i was so constipated lol. Changing the subject,are jacket potatoes ok to eat? Do you use low fat sauces or do you use the high fat stuff like salad cream etc? I dont mind low fat mayo but i hate low fat salad cream,so i use the high fat! I feel really guilty after eating it but its the only fatty food i eat.Wish i could stop using it x x

Yes, I would say baked potatoes are good to eat. I'm not too keen on them so never have them, and if I did I'd prob want cheese in them & butter :sigh: I've heard a few ladies say they eat them with beans & thankfully I dont like mayo or salad cream, so no temptation there either! lol

Is the salad cream giving you any side effects? (I'm guessing not seeing as you were constipated) :rolleyes: If not, then a little bit must be ok to have. Obviously its well over the 5g per 100g but I imagine you only use a tiny bit so therefore it might only be 3g of fat or so, in the portion you are taking! I dunno really, lol I'm just trying to justify it so you dont feel guilty :p

Kaz;)

Wow that's amazing in 4 days just goes to show you this stuff does work!!!!!!

Part of me thinks, if you are eating a low fat diet what is the xen really doing for you (apart from making you think twice about putting fatty food in your mouth as who wants to suffer the consequences of the 'lovely' side effects). What I'm saying is, if you have a low fat diet and exercise then wouldnt the weight come off anyways? I'm in two minds about this one.

Part of me thinks, if you are eating a low fat diet what is the xen really doing for you (apart from making you think twice about putting fatty food in your mouth as who wants to suffer the consequences of the 'lovely' side effects). What I'm saying is, if you have a low fat diet and exercise then wouldnt the weight come off anyways? I'm in two minds about this one.

I wonder about this too. Although I've eaten low fat before and it's not come off as quickly. Would be interested to hear if someone can find out.

Tracey - 4lbs, 1lb a day, is fabulous. Well done you :D

I googled and found this on a Q & A site:

4. If I'm eating a low fat diet, can I still benefit from Xenical?

Yes. Clinical studies have shown that when taken with a calorie-reduced diet, Xenical will increase the amount of weight you lose by 51%. In fact, Xenical is most effective when taken with a low-fat diet. Eating low-fat food will help you avoid 'adverse effects', as well as maximise your body's use of its stored fat as energy.

Good lady ;)

I knew it obviously done something or the docs wouldnt give it to us I suppose!!

I would LOVE to lose 51% of myself lol :innocent0001:

Wow i didn't realise it worked to thst extent that's really encouraging...fingers crossed thats what happens to us ladies!!!!!

The adverts for that 'alli' say for every 2lb you lose that will help you lose another 1lb. And that is weaker form of Xen. So who knows.

I'm certainly not getting my hopes up for 51% extra weight loss, no doubt i'd only be disappointed lol It affects people in different ways, look at Kiirwar & Ali, both doing SO SO well :D and then I've heard other ladies saying it didnt work for them :sigh: I hope I'm part of Kraze & Ali's gang! :banana dancer:

I think it depends on your personal circumstances, i've been on a low fat diet since Jan this yr with at least 3hrs of exercise a week and i've only lost 7lbs but i have PCOS i would lose a few lbs 1 week and without changing anything would gain it again the next.
The only time i've ever lost any considerable weight before was on a meal replacement diet but put the weight back on once returning to eating "healthily" so it does all depends on your personal make-up which is why some people lose it faster than others. I've only been on this for well this is my 5th day so it'll be interesting to see over a few weeks whether it actually kicks this fat into touch!!

I have PCOS too :( but try not to think about it as I NEED to stay positive and if I think my effort is for nothing as I wont lose anything because of the PCOS I'll fall off the wagon! If that makes sense :rolleyes:

Like I said, the doctors wouldnt give us the tablets if they didnt do something for us!

We'll get through this fight_the_urge!!!! It's working for my aunty who's got PCOS and it worked for my cousin with PCOS so it will work for us :)

I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread but I got really interested in this thread. I research a bit about Xen and PCOS because I have this too and its the main reason I am giving it a try because I need to loose weight for fertility therapy. I found this just thought you fellow PCOS sufferers would be interested to know: -

Patients using Orlistat have seen other benefits from its use other than weight loss. It appears to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides as well as insulin levels, which helps to prevent insulin resistance.

As far as the doctors at the endocrine clinic explained to me, insulin resistance is one of the reasons that we find it harder to loose weight - from what I found, it appears that Xen helps with that.

I'm all for that! :)

That`s interesting reading Jen, Thanks :)

I have high cholesterol (gene related, not food) and also have PCOS. I was sposed to start chol tabs but haven`t got round to it yet *oops* :eek:

Wondering if I should bother now?

LiSe x

Probably best to check with your doctor but you are on the right track it seems. I thought it was quite interesting too - certainly something for me stay motivated to take the tablet as I was a bit unsure about taking it when the dr prescribed it.

Back