Carvery choice - HELP!! *obviously food mentioned!*

bedazzled1980

Hi all,

I've just started week 3 on CD SS and have had good losses so far :D
I am 5'9" female and instead of 4 packs a day I have the 200ml skimmed milk allowance so technically am still on SS apparantly.

Anyway - problem!!!!!
I've been with my partner a year and her parents do not approve of our relationship but are slowly coming round and I have amazingly been invited for her dads bday meal on 30th January - a CARVERY!!! Eeekk.. Believe me, this is a major achievement and I can't say no :cry:

Sooo what can I have????...what is the best choice???..
(obviously no potatoes or yorkshires..and I will drink water til it comes out my ears!)

Will it affect my losses that week or make me gain????

I'm so worried as I'm totally motivated to do the whole 12 weeks SS'ing.

Any help/advice/wise words/wisdom much appreciated!!!!

Thank you :D

Hi - at least with a carvery you can choose what you put on your plate. Maybe an Atkins style approach will work - stick to lean stuff though.

Make sure you don't have veg that has been mixed with anything else ie:butter and/or cheese. You can ask the restaurant to give you veg without butter added - they have it all ready out the back anyway.

When I was sole sourcing last time I went to a carvery and had cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and some lean pork (though chicken or turkey is obviously better if they have it). I ate more than 3 tablespoons and still stayed in ketosis and lost weight that week. I wouldn't have gravy though.

I'm really pleased for you that they seem to moving in the direction of accepting your relationship. Good Luck!

I was going to suggest turkey, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower (check cause most cavery's only do cauliflower cheese) just remember you've had great losses so far and don't let this throw you off track, which I'm sure you won't x

I can`t add anymore to the great advice, So I wanted to wish you a great night :D Have fun! x

Some great advice, but if by any chance you do end up having something you didn't intend to don't beat yourself up, just dust yourself down and get straight back on the cd horse.......sounds like the significance of the meal invitation is as important as your weight loss.
Hope you relax and enjoy yourself, I will be having lunch with Mickey Mouse on the 30th for Master T's 4th birthday........but I will be off plan.
Mrs T X

Wow :eek: thanks so much everybody for your great (and speedy!!) advice. It really means a lot as I do like to panic teehee.. I feel so much better now!
Wish me luck - more so on the family meal than the diet!!! :p
Thanks again xxx

Obv good luck with diet but huge luck for the family meal, this is a positive step for you and your partner, choose wisely at the carvery and it will be a positive night all round :) xxx

Make sure you don't have veg that has been mixed with anything else ie:butter and/or cheese. You can ask the restaurant to give you veg without butter added - they have it all ready out the back anyway.

When I was sole sourcing last time I went to a carvery and had cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and some lean pork (though chicken or turkey is obviously better if they have it). I ate more than 3 tablespoons and still stayed in ketosis and lost weight that week. I wouldn't have gravy though.

I'm really pleased for you that they seem to moving in the direction of accepting your relationship. Good Luck!

i agree

you'll be fine on this enjoy!

Back