cat advice please?

hanngun

I have two house cats aged 2. The girl is neutered but the boy is not.

He is very challenging! Needs to be physically on you or being stroked 24/7 to the point he'd rather let her eat all his food than miss an opportunity to be petted.

This is cute for 15 mins but a nightmare to get things done. He'll climb over any surface to get to me (yucky).

Also he sprays. Revolting. Usually on curtains or coats. Very annoying and vile.
We can't keep him out of every room, to limit damage he can't go in bedrooms.

He's a very nervous cat around anyone bar a handful of friends. He couldn't go outside.

How can I make him relax without spending a fortune on expensive pheremone feliway things? Will neutering 'cure' him?

Problems might seem small but as they are relentless issues it's taking all the joy of having him away.

Thanks in advance

My daughter has a male house cat, also needy, but he was getting hard work. She then had him neutered which did help, he hadn't started to spray but I'm sure having him neutered will help your kitty.

Definitely get his bits off! Neutered males can still spray (my mum's de-nutted boy cat does it if stressed, the Feliway plug in did help with that though) but it's a lot less likely. He'll smell a lot nicer for it too! ;) Our boy was neutered at 6 months and he's never sprayed in the house fortunately.

Good luck with your kitty taming :) x

Maybe you should be seeking advice from a vet. If he's stressed there's various things you can get to help. Having him neutered may also be an idea.

Thank you everyone looks like he's in for an unpleasant trip!:)

If he is neutered he'll recover very well, they do animals I think.

Our boy barely seemed to notice! He was back home with us the same day and right as rain by the next morning. :)

Back