Cate's diary...Total change

Thank you so so much!!! You have told me I can have rhubarb!! I love the stuff, going to get some now!! X do not understand where this sweet tooth has come from? Thought I would crave bread etc, but no it's dessert! I am also going to try with 1/2 cream 1/2 water, is cinnamon carb free?? Confused looked on mfp and it said it has carbs (a lot for a teaspoon) then put in tesco cinnamon, it says N/A ?? Also checking out the low carb megastore (think I read about on your diary) the syrups are they ok?

Just updated moonlights meals with the cocoa bark recipes - 2 versions.

Mfp - the davinci syrups are ok, they're sweetened with Splenda. Avoid anything with maltitol or other 'ol' sweeteners, and anything with wheat gluten as an ingredient. I only buy davinci syrups and 1 carb ketchup from there and to be honest I'm not crazy about any of the syrups I've had so far. Easier to buy a flavoring (preema do good ones - butterscotch, chocolate, peppermint etc) and use that along with your own sweetener. Much cheaper too. Also stay away from anything walden farms, it all tastes gross.

I didn't buy anything from LCM for my first 4 months on the diet. It's always best to eat cleanly. LCM isn't really a place I recommend. Too easy to be tempted by crap, stalling junk.

Last edited:
Cinnamon does have carbs - data on mfp is inputted by the people who use the site and sometimes calorie counters dont bother putting the carb counts in, so always check a couple. The particular ground cinnamon I use I count 1g carb per teaspoon. Check any labels.

Ok going to give that a miss (lcm syrups). Sorry if so many questions, but coconut oil, I spotted a jar in tesco,white about £6 is this the stuff you talk about, have decided to leave the bark until Christmas, so it will feel super treat like, and will be easier to stay on track over the festive period. Thanks for the recipes have added to my low carb recipe tin. I have read and re read the books, it's just the confidence I am doing it correct. GP has asked me to go and get weighed, and have bloods re-done in 12 weeks, I so want there to be a difference x

There will be a huge difference if you stay on plan (except Xmas dinner!) for 12 weeks. I buy my coconut oil from the coconoil brand on amazon but I've been told its in tesco too so that sounds right.

Ok so shopping list for today

Coconut oil
Green and blacks coco
Flax seed ground
Tablet sweeteners until the liquid arrives
Cream cheese
Rhubarb
Rhubarb
And cinnamon lowest carb I can find!!

I'm so glad you like the bento box. I think it will be perfect for you for work.

I am a savoury person too but like you, sometime crave something sweet when low carbing. I like the davinci caramel syrup in coffee with cream - I have that most mornings for breakfast. I also love the following (one of dr a's original recipes)

Mix a spoonful of sugar free cocoa powder in to a couple of tablespoons of double cream, add a teaspoon or two of Splenda (I use davinci caramel syrup instead) and mix. Delish!!!

I also stumbled across this recipe yesterday but haven't tried it yet:

Mama's Fixins: 3-MINUTE FLOURLESS LOW-CARB CHOCOLATE CAKE

And for more low carb recipes that you could ever need!

Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

If you like quiches, try making a crust less quiche. Absolutely lovely and very easy to take for lunch/night shifts or even to eat for breakfast. I like broccoli and bacon quiche.

Evening just subscribing :) ur doing brill!

And cheesecake cupcakes!!!??? Oh I am having them nxt week!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Today I feel proper ill, not sure if Atkins flu, did not expect to feel proper ill, just slightly off colour!! I have had 2 mouthfuls of scrambled eggs, and a pork chop for lunch, lots and lots of water, I have just had stewed rhubarb and cream, and it was amazing!!! Am I aloud it twice in one day??

catexx said:
Today I feel proper ill, not sure if Atkins flu, did not expect to feel proper ill, just slightly off colour!! I have had 2 mouthfuls of scrambled eggs, and a pork chop for lunch, lots and lots of water, I have just had stewed rhubarb and cream, and it was amazing!!! Am I aloud it twice in one day??

Sorry to hear you're feeling ill. Did you stew it with Splenda? Sounds yum!

Might be Atkins flu - it hits some people worse than others. Re: rhubarb - as long as you count the carbs, twice is fine! It counts as a vegetable.

Yep stewed with spenda, tastes great perfect with cream. So dinner I had some rocket and spinach mixed with chicken and bacon...oh and mayo, it tasted lovely throw on some spring opinions and lots of pepper. It was yum yum..felt really thirsty all day, so have drunk lots of water, headache now gone.. I think I have found out why! More water again tomorrow. Oh and have 2 more night shifts!!! Should be interesting with food in work.

I'm out and about Mondays and have to eat my lunch on the train. Recently I've been taking chicken and spring onion salad all mixed up with lots of mayo. Really fills me up and stops me wanting the junk they sell at stations.

Ok when you lot had the Atkins flu, did you get a high temp and shivers, I am working tonight, and feel so rotten, on the verge of phoning in sick!!! But if its just Atkins flu I would be less inclined to call in. Just not sure if I have the real thing, and would hate to pass on to some of my vulnerable patients x

catexx said:
Ok when you lot had the Atkins flu, did you get a high temp and shivers, I am working tonight, and feel so rotten, on the verge of phoning in sick!!! But if its just Atkins flu I would be less inclined to call in. Just not sure if I have the real thing, and would hate to pass on to some of my vulnerable patients x

Sorry you are feeling so ill. Atkins flu does feel like real flu - so shivers, hot/cold, headache etc. I'm not sure if it causes a real fever. I guess if you feel that bad, you shouldn't go in to work - whether it's Atkins flu or something else. Get well soon.

I never got it but I wouldn't think it could give u a temp? But I'm sure someone will confirm soon, feel better soon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

No if you have a fever you're genuinely ill. Drink lots of water and rest up xx

i am not sure if i ever got atkins flu, i know that once when i started i just got underway and bam i was ill, but i just felt like i had a cold, and who knows it probably was a real cold, certainly felt like one, and there are always so many doing the rounds. this time round i have not even caught all the colds and illnesses that have been going around my family, which is a shock! i won't speak too soon tho, coz u know how that goes!

Back