Cauliflower rice???

xgeorgix

Just wondered if anyone had tried this? If so what does it taste like and how do you make it?? Im interested to try this but I can't imagine what it tastes like! Thanks x

Hi :)
I just mash my cauli really .. After steaming it ..!! Has a nutty taste to it ... Give it a ho :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

MummyMcFat said:
Ok so where does the rice come in?

I think some people put it through a potato ricer so it resembles rice .! So their dinners don't look too different from everyone else's lol x

I googled it for you .. Found a nice little video ... You put the raw cauli through a focus processor with the grater bit on or grate by hand .. (bit messy) abd it will resemble rice ... Put in in micro for 4-5 mins with no water .. Will steam itself .. You'll be left with a slightly crisp rice lokking cauli ..!! Add knob butter and salt n pepper :)

morganl7 said:
It's really nice and highly recommended :) Goes a treat with my Friday night curry and lower cals mean I can have an onion bhaji too ;)

Yup I made it Saturday and was shocked by how good it was! Even my mum liked it will defiantly be having that again x

xj-esx said:
I love cauliflower rice!! If you fry it with onions and salt and pepper its even better. I now won't eat rice because I way prefer the taste of cauliflower rice. Found a paella caulflower rice recipe that I have to try x

Sent from my iPhone

Ooeer that sounds nice ....
I had some instead of pasta tonight with a homemade chicken and tomato sauce .. Was yummy x

Do I have more cauli tonight with my chilli ..????

Or will I become cauli'd out ......

linski24 said:
Do I have more cauli tonight with my chilli ..????

Or will I become cauli'd out ......

God I hope it doesn't give you cauli wind lol!

Think I'm gonna give this a go if I can find my grater blade for food processor that is...

Lexie2005 said:
God I hope it doesn't give you cauli wind lol!

Think I'm gonna give this a go if I can find my grater blade for food processor that is...

Yo he honest I just mash mine after its cooked ... Reheat it a bit in micro withs knob butter ..!! One you put your other bits on top you can't see what it looks like lol .. I don't mash it till its smooth ... So it still had texture x

linski24 said:
Yo he honest I just mash mine after its cooked ... Reheat it a bit in micro withs knob butter ..!! One you put your other bits on top you can't see what it looks like lol .. I don't mash it till its smooth ... So it still had texture x

Might try this next time , grating got a bit messy! X

Back