CAVED IN.... I CHEATED.... WHAT NOW

slimslow

:( :( I had the worst day of my social work career today. I could not cope with the issues i had to deal with. I was in tears most of the day and when i came home and my partner being on call tonight was called out and i was left alone in the house with food.

I ate a portion a five year old and washed it down with Vimto as i was doing this i was crying. I now feel horrible and unworthly of being part of this as you are all so focused.

I am now bloated, i have a headache and i cant stop crying, everyone at work has been saying how well and focused i am and my partner is dead proud of me, but now what do i say. Its his birthday on the 10th and wanted to loose a stone by then. (tears).:mad:

honey- draw a line under it, accept that you have had an awful day and move on. Its not the end of the world and it happpens to all of us. its a small glitch, accept that you've eaten something, acknowledge it and make a conscious decision as to what you are going to do from now on, are you (1) gonna carry on eating or (2) get right back on the diet? I can tell from you posting this that you are gonna take the second option and get straight back on track x

Happens to the best of us. life just gets in the way at times, now you have to stop this blip and thats all it is from ruining the rest of the week. In the morning start again, dont get on the scales in the morning just get back on the plan you wont have done much damage. theres still plenty of time to get that stone off by the tenth. come on you can do this.

Listen.......its not the end of the world. You had a bad day......we all do......you ate........we all do (apart from icemoose - lol)

Go have a hot bath, get into bed and draw a line under it.

x

Bettyboo

us lot focused???

well many are but trust me, theres plenty of us who blip often and the only way forward is to not beat ourselves up and create a cycle of eating/guilt then get back on the horse!

u have a high pressure job and u r being wayyyy too hard on yourself. shrug it off cos it aint worth sabotaging everything for. when i cheated i felt bad and didnt wanna tell my hubby but i didnt want to lie either. he fully understood this is a difficult plan and old habits die very hard. ur oh will be proud of u no matter what, im sure. giving up eating for me is like giving up breathing so hes amazed i dont cheat more often i think!

if u think u can start back tomorrow and let today go, i would really suggest u do.

its good u came to pour it out here. thats what we r all for. please dont forget that! no one judging u or gossiping about u here. this is a big boat and we r all in it!

best of luck for tomorrow xxxxx

Happe and Wecandothi, thank you. I just feel bad, wat do i do now take laxative's or what to get it out of my system.

Your all so nice, i just cant stop crying, i want this so bad!!!

cyber hugs honey.

Its a real psycological battle........I was extremely emotional in the first few weeks. You are doing great and you will be down by the 10th.

x

Bettyboo

u want it and u will have it. u cant think that one bad day is going to ruin the whole diet otherwise thats exactly what will happen. theres the old saying "believe u can or believe u cant, either way u r right!" so what happens next is totally within ur control.

please dont take laxatives. thats a bad habit to get into and will wreck ur body if u go down that road. take some time out for a bit of gentle exercise tomorrow or for the rest of the week if u want to. for now i would go make a hot bubble bath, stick some candles around the bathroom and try to relax.

as for this small blip, even if it sets u back a week...thats just 7 days in the grand scheme of things. u can do this. u just have to remember that.

xxxxxxx

u want it and u will have it. u cant think that one bad day is going to ruin the whole diet otherwise thats exactly what will happen. theres the old saying "believe u can or believe u cant, either way u r right!" so what happens next is totally within ur control.

please dont take laxatives. thats a bad habit to get into and will wreck ur body if u go down that road. take some time out for a bit of gentle exercise tomorrow or for the rest of the week if u want to. for now i would go make a hot bubble bath, stick some candles around the bathroom and try to relax.

as for this small blip, even if it sets u back a week...thats just 7 days in the grand scheme of things. u can do this. u just have to remember that.

xxxxxxx

thank you... God misses some of his angles, because most of them are on earth on Minimins......

Big hug and kisses to all!!!

cyber hugs honey.

Its a real psycological battle........I was extremely emotional in the first few weeks. You are doing great and you will be down by the 10th.

x

Bettyboo

kisses rigth back at ya!!!

oh you poor thing, I just wanna come round and give you a hug!Life sucks sometimes, and waiting in the wings is always food! Waiting to sabbotage and make it all worse I mean....Agree with the others (I am guilty of eating sometimes too) put it behind you and move on, definately don't take laxatives or anything like that. Stop now and theres still a good chance you could still lose weight or at least stay the same, I doubt very much if you have eaten enough for a gain.Remember whatever it was you couldn't deal with today, in a job like yours you must have helped countless people, weigh up all the good you do against the stuff you can't and you will see its worth the effort! You are not a miracle worker, you are a social worker.... theres only so much you can do.big hugs to youmagsxxx

OMG what a nightmare...compooter said 'NO!' when i attempted to submit my first reply!:mad:

Basically in a nut shell hun the very fact that you have embarked upon this journey shows determination to succeed...so you have eaten??? :rolleyes: ALL that proves is that you are HUMAN!!! Welcome aboard hun!! The fact that you are now 'thinking' about having broken abstinence means that you are more conscious of what you are eating and what you are trying to achieve....think back hun...at one time wouldnt you have comfort eaten ALL night and then not given it a second thought??? Its such an emotional journey hun and what with your job, if thats what your trigger is/can be...then this is only gonna make you stronger...being slimmer will simply be a side effect of becoming stronger and actually dealing with your emotions than hiding behin the food....

OK so Im rambling here but im just sharing with you what i have found on this almost one year journey..Ok so im not at goal but Im much more aware of what my triggers are...and Im learning to be kind to myself...focus on your positives hun..im sure theyre plentiful!!!!

Look forward
Eyes on the prize
Keep posting....onwards and downwards eh hun?

Don't despair, just like everyone else has said - get straight back on the horse & forget about it.

You CAN do this & we will support you - what you have done is recognise your trigger, what you now need to work on is beating it. It will not happen overnight but it will happen, believe in yourself and beleive that you can do it & you will.

Next time you are having that bad day, where you want to reach for food come on her before you lose control, we will all be here waiting to support you.

Lots of love & big big hugs.

hey sweetie, I done that last year, and never went back to it. BIG mistake. I have just started again, and feel great, hang on in there, just stick to it, and it will be worth it in the end. C'mon! pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start the race again! I work for a paper and it gets very stressful. I know what it's like. If you ned to talk at anytime to help you, email me.

[email protected] xxxxx

thank u all so much, my tears are less and i just get on with it. I start again tomorrow and hope 6 spoonfuls of Jaloffe rice and two bits of chicken dont hold me back.

Should i be drinking loads of water or something

hey sweetie, I done that last year, and never went back to it. BIG mistake. I have just started again, and feel great, hang on in there, just stick to it, and it will be worth it in the end. C'mon! pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start the race again! I work for a paper and it gets very stressful. I know what it's like. If you ned to talk at anytime to help you, email me.

[email protected] xxxxx
thank you, you know deadlines and stress then and prbably the horrors of child protection. Thanks will email you should i loose focus or just wanna chat. my email address is [email protected]

Hey honey

Make sure to have all your packs; drink your water, and above all be kind to yourself. We're only human and things get to us. ((HUGS))

Hands up everyone who has had a blip ......

c'mon ... be honest, I said EVERYONE

Your amongst the majority here Kara. Take a big deep breath, accept it's just one of those things that can happen on this mad journey called 'losing weight' and move on. And I know you will .... because you're made of strong stuff and WILL get to where you want to be.

Big hugs coming your way. ((((Kara))))​

aaaw hun I agree with all the other guys, give yourself a break you're only human and most of us have blipped from time to time, the important thing is to recognise how bad your blip made you feel, try to recognise what triggered the blip so you can try to avoid it happening again and just get on with it again tomorrow safe in the knowledge that the diet isn't ruined and you will still lose all your excess weight!
Lets face it even with your 3 packs a couple of spoons of rice and chicken will still be lower calories than you would normally consume so you wont have jeopardised anything, you may not even have fallen out of ketosis (and even if you have it will only take a day to get back into it ) so don't fret about it hun!

Good on you for doing such a worthwhile job too hun (you are stronger than I am) and just try to keep in mind how much your day to day efforts will be helping those lil guys lives!

((((BIG HUGS))) get a good night sleep and try to wake up full of positivity, you can do this hun and we are all behind you 100% xx

Back