Cazza's Diary... aka Operation Baby

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hi there, my name is Caryl and today I finally bit the bullet and joined Slimming World. I have contemplated it for months and finally actually did it! I am brand new to slimming world but not to minimins. Been knocking around here on and off about 3 years - successfully lost 5stone on Cambridge in 2008, however my mums diagnosis of MND in Sept 2008 and the subsequent hell meant I regained all 5 stone over a year and then another stone on top for good measure.

Anyway...a few recent health niggles, a compete lack of energy and the fact my daughter is now at an age where she is well aware mummy is enormous (4), as well as my desperate want for another baby means I have finally been kickstarted in to actually joining up and hopefully losing the weight! I intend to do extra easy in the hope it really is extra easy. I have recently been diagnosed with both wheat and dairy intolerance however slimming world seems to be the most practical for choosing foods and avoiding the wheat and the dairy!

Right, well I best go and update my siggy as sure it is way out of date now xxx

Last edited:
Well so far today...

Breakfast: 2 x Multiseed gluten free slices toast (need to clarify either HexA or 6 syns) and a scraping of strawberry jam (1/2 syn) and a banana for breakfast.

Lunch: a vegetarian type chilli consisting of canellini beans, black eyed beans, kidney beans, sweet potato, chilli, tomato puree (1/2 syn), brown rice, tomato and mushrooms. Banana for pudding

oh should also add I am currently in plaster - sporting 2 broken bones in my elbow, however fingers crossed will finally be out of plaster on Thursday! Woot. Might affect my weight by a couple of lb, thats all :)

I am hoping that the loss for week one will be big enough to allow for the weight of the plaster and make it look like i have lost too!

3 days now have stuck to Slimming World :) Feeling pretty pleased with myself!

Apologies for slackness - I weighed in yesterday but have been floored the last 36 hours with the tummy bug from hell.

All went pretty well last week until I went to see friends for the weekend, when it all went down hill a bit. But hey - I still managed to lose 6lb so not all bad. Just feeling a tad floored by the hugeness of the task ahead - 6lb gone, a gazillion still to go. Think because I have done cambridge a few times and have always had massive losses on that the first week, it's a bit of a shock in comparison, even though my head knows that 6lb is a good loss, even after a naughty weekend!

This weekend could be a challenge too - off to my grandads and he is very much old school full fat everything mixed with lard in everything! So going to have to be tactful and try and be careful what I eat!

Welcome back cazza! well done on your first loss, 6lbs is great. its scary to think of the big picture so im trying to take it a stone at a time (even thats scary at times lol!)

Hope you have a good day :)

its scary to think of the big picture so im trying to take it a stone at a time (even thats scary at times lol!)

Hope you have a good day :)

It's very scary and just seems like such a long journey. Keep telling myself that ideally I want to try and lose at least 7lb a month. That's not a lot and perfectly do-able, and more to the point this time next year means I will be 6 stone lighter which I would be more than happy with! Of course more that that would be even better, but right now I'll take anything as long as it keeps going down.

Heaviest I have ever been was 24st 13lb which was 2 years ago. Since then I have bounced around between 22st 8 and my start weight now, which was 24st 8 :eek:

Next week I would like to lose at least 3lb (which will take me in to the 23st bracket rather than the 24st bracket), however losing 1lb will get me my 7lb award which would be lovely too :)

very long journey! think the thought of it is whats derailed me lately, its so hard to imagine shifting the weight but hopefully we will!!

what day do you wi?

I weigh in on Monday. Have had horrific tummy bug so have consumed about 100 calories since Sunday so will be gutted if I haven't lost anything!

Oh dear god I have eaten sooo much tonight. Mostly good stuff but my goodness sooooo much. Having not really eaten for the last couple of days it is sitting very heavy on my tummy tonight :( I had pork steaks (all fat removed so free) flattened out then stuffed with Paxo sage and onion stuffing (2 sins) and dried apricots (HexB), rolled up and wrapped in bacon (fat removed). Roasted these for 40 minutes - yummy! Served with dry-roast new potatoes, peppers, onion, courgette, carrot.

I then just really wanted something sweet, something that felt naughty. So I had a fresh cream eclair :) Have just looked up the syns to try and make myself feel bad, only to discover it is actually *only* 11 1/2 syns!!! Taking my total syn count for the day to 13 1/2 syns which I am more than happy with.

Haven't managed my HexA today - if I had thought about it I'd have stuffed a bit of cheese either in or on the pork wraps. Ho hum.

Hopefully now I am finally able to stomach food again I will get back to eating properly tomorrow...

Sorry I have been awol for a while... Headed down to my grandads for the weekend, weekend before last. Only planned to go for the weekend, but ended up having a longer break and staying down there until Thursday. As a result I have eaten dreadfully and was fearing the worst at weigh in tonight (missed last weeks weigh in due to being away)

Well went to weigh in...and...

-3lb:eek:!!!!!

It is safe to say that I can't bloody believe it, especially as I am due on any time now :D :D :D :D

And please don't worry, I shant take it for granted and use this as an excuse to continue eating like a pig in the hope I continue to lose weight... Instead I intend to try really hard this week and shift some more :)

Back