CD 810 plan

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by biltsy, 2 February 2009 Social URL.

1. biltsy

biltsy Peggy McParrot

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    cd started 19/1 09 now ww started 1/4/09
    Is anyone on the 810 plan? What is it? What do you do different from ss/ss+?
    And whats the weight loss like??:confused:
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. LellyCD

LellyCD Trying to stay healthy!

hi Biltsy,
    I am currently moving up the plan to maintenance so have done the 810 plan, i really enjoyed the 810 plan after doing SS/SS+ as i felt like I was eating but still dieting, i still had losses and used it to keep sane over xmas too!
    Pretty much the same as SS+ but with extra milk and a larger portion of protein and another spoonful veg, i found I could split the portions to make 2 small meals and have some lunchtime if I wanted to. I don't think that Ketosis is sill maintained so it's possible to feel hungrier.

4. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

I think that with 810 and 1000 you will maintain ketosis - possibly even with 1200. I am currently doing ~1100 calories and the ketostix show me in ketosis.

In fact, when maintaining, I believe that your body may dip in and out of ketosis depending on your energy needs and your levels of glycogen.

It is my understanding that a thinner/leaner body has less of a glycogen store as the lean muscle is burning calories all the time. I think the figures are that for each pound of lean muscle you have, your body burns an extra (approx) 10 calories in a day. So, if you are carrying a few pounds of muscle you burn extra calories just by it being there! It's not a lot, but at least it is "helping" you maintain ....

That means that if you control your calorie intake, tone/build some muscle, and exercise to a moderate level, you can be in and out of ketosis even when eating "normally" .....
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.