CD and insulin resistance

Lunar

Hello, after a few weeks lurking and reading, and doing some serious thinking, I would really like to try the CD, but I have PCOS and am insulin resistant and wondered how the CD would effect that ?

Any info appreciated ;)

Hi Lunar
I have got PCOS as well and have insulin resistance and I have been taking metformin which is supposed to help with the insulin resistance as well as my bad skin and some of the other symptoms, but to be honest I have not seen much improvement in the four months i've been on them. I have decided to start the cambridge diet and I've been to see a CDC today and got my packs so i'm starting tomorrow. I have been thinking a lot about it and i've decided to stop taking the metformin and do cambridge instead as in all the literature I have read about PCOS it says the best thing we can do to improve our condition is lose weight, and my GP has been telling me to do this for a long time!!
This is my own decision though so I am not telling anyone else what to do. You could ask your GP whats best for you if you're still not sure
Good Luck with whatever you decide xx

Hi Aimeerebecca

Good luck :)

Thanks for the insight, and I look forward to seeing how you get on with CD. It does seem that weightloss really is the only real help to PCOS, yet because of it, weightloss is the one thing that is most difficult to acheive :rolleyes:

Good luck and please let us know how you get on xx

Hiya,
I have PCOS and insulin resistance that turned into full blown type 2 diabetes. This diet is the best thing I have done. I am off all diabetic medication and my periods which were fairly non-existent come every 28 days like clockwork !

Back