CD preparation diet

chuckie21

ive decided to wean myself off of carbs and prepare my self for cd starting tomorrow, i plan to do it for 2 weeks but hav no idea how to go about it? any ideas? xx

The best way to prepare to do CD (which is an excellent idea by the way) is to cut back on carbohydrates as much as possible (bread, potatoes, pasta, rice etc.) and to increase the amount of water you drink as you'll need to drink a minimum of 2.25 litres a day once you start the diet properly.

You should find it a lot easier to adapt to the diet by doing a couple of weeks of preparation as above - but even a week will help :)

Yep that's great advice i'm doing the 1200 plan and my carbs are very limited i have cous cous instead of pasta, rice etc and sweet potato instead of potatoes. Also have no bread and have tacos,fajhitas or pitta bread instead. Drink lots and lots and lots of water oh and avoid red meat coz it's harder for your body to metabolise i think chicken and white fish that's the way to go oh and lots of dark green veg's!! Good luck on your preparation weeks i'm sure you'll do great x

I did the low-carb affair for five full days before starting on CD SS and I can honestly say that I had not one problem on the first week of SS at all, other than feeling the cold by Day 4 - in the middle of Summer!

Hope all goes well x

Back