Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

cd & running

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by buffydog, 23 September 2008 Social URL.

1. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    before starting cd (week ago) i was jogging 5 miles twice a week, haven`t been for 9 days now.
    i`m feeling good on cd, and wondering if it`s ok to start running again. I`m doing a 10k run on 19th oct and really need to start training again, but worried i`ll either colapse on route, or wake up knackered tom.
    I`ve saved half a shake so i can have something as soon as i finish jog.
    Maybe i should just do a 3 mile jog?
    Any one any ideas
    thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kippaxmum

Kippaxmum Back on the wagon

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.61%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    HIya,
    What plan are you following? I have been going to the gym 5x a week for an hour a time & my cdc told me to follow 810 at least. I have cut back the gym to 2/3 times a week so have dropped back to SS/SS+ for a few weeks.

Perhaps do a 3 mile jog and see how you feel???

xxx

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    If you are going to do strenuous exercise (and anything more than a 3second run for me is strenuous!) then try and have either half a shake before you exercise or some cottage cheese or tuna. Your body would normally use glycogen for instant energy - but if in ketosis yours are depleted. So give it something to work on before heavy exercise and obviously drink plenty of water.

Would advise to do a smallish run first.

5. buffydog

buffydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd / ss
    thanks, have had a tetra an hour ago, am planning on going in next half an hour, and will have my shake when i get back, so hopefully that`ll be enough.
    I`m on ss and really dont want to introduce food for another 2 weeks, i`m likely to not stop.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.