CD while feeding the family

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Trim T, 3 October 2008 Social URL.

1. Trim T

Trim T Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.8%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi I am a wife and mother of 3, and just wondered how others are finding working CD when you still have to cook for the family.

I hadn't been finding it that difficult, until today when we went to do the weekly shop. I found myself buying all these lovely meal ingredients and the realisation hit me... i'm not gonna be eating any of it!!

Made the prospect of my luuurvly soup a bit depressing really.

Do you have any tips? how do you conquer those tempting moments?

T xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hanloje

hanloje Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Varies!
    It is tricky but the more you do it the easier it gets.... I tend to write a list before I go so I don't buy anything that's not needed for meals and go round as quick as possible! It'll get easier I promise, I quite like cooking for DH now and just accept that I won't eat it...

4. Smudge321

Smudge321 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante WS
    It's the smell sometimes :( I cooked lovely chicken tikka for the family and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to eat any.

I went out for an hour or so and when I cam back, it still smelt delicious :(

Most times I'm ok coz I'm not actually hungry but depends on the smell though.

Last edited: 16 June 2011
  5. dani*r

dani*r Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi hun,
    im a mum of 3 too. i also write a list then i shop online, as soon as it is delivered it gets put away so minimal handling of the food (ie biscuits lol)
    as for cooking, unfortunatley i cant get away from it so i try as much as possible to make meals that the family like but that im not to keen on, then i dont really feel like im missing out.
    i usually come on here while they are eating, a bit unsciable i know but its not for long.

6. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i cook in advance and shove it in the freezer in portion sizes. but then since im a single mum its easier and im not exactly tempted by her mush

7. sue121

sue121 always lurkin around!

Diet:
    cambridge
    hi the list is a defo.. i never used 2 write lists but as u said i found myself buyin the things i liked 2 eat ...mad eh.... also i like 2 have my cambridge maybe a soup at the same time as the family eat but if not i have a shower or go do someting upstairs while every1 has finished ..and get rid of leftovas straight away or theyll call 2 u lol x x

8. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    I'm quite lucky as the OH is happy for me to do the shopping & not buy any biscuits, chocolate or crisps. He buys those & keeps them at work.

I do write a list tho & shop according to that & usually online too.

The cooking doesn't bother me but occasionally the smell drives me crazy & 'cos I know how something tastes (from past) my mouth does water & it nearly kills me not to eat it.

During the first few weeks I endured trips to McDonalds, KFC & Burger King with friends & family. It was horrible but I did it.

It does get easier over time. :) xx

9. Trim T

Trim T Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.8%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    Thanks everyone, I'm sure you're all right and it will get easier. it's been over 2 weeks now and i haven't slipped yet, so obviously i've got more willpower than i give myself credit for.

10. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I also write a list and also I cook in advance and freeze things like, lasgna, chicken pies, sheperds pie, curry all sorts of stuff the I only need to do potatoes and veg on the day.xx

11. MunchMarie

MunchMarie not so str8 or narrow!!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(26.7%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    i think you are all incredible - it takes all my strength to do a micro meal and some extra veg for my 12 yr old son luckily my oh is on cd ss too! i feel really guilty that my son isnt getting my homecooked meals any more but its either that or obese and ill parents. And i really miss cooking with him. Thankfully he is is very supportive and my mum keeps having him to stay and feeding him up lol. I think all of you who deal with food are amazing - i hope i will get stronger at some point.

12. missmf

missmf getting slimmer

Diet:
    cambridge, sole source. (trying!)
    everyones given great advice - it does get easier!!

i find now, i LOVE cooking for everyone else.
    good luck!! xx

13. leeds123

leeds123 Silver Member

hi - i have a hot choc and come on here.

14. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    it is difficult but my family seem to be enjoying better food now i have started cd, think its the realisation that i dont want my children growing up with obesity so making sure that they get their 5 a day, i ususally take myself away either walk the dog or have a bath when they are eating then i insist that any left overs go straight into the dogs bowl so im not tempted to nick off plates

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.