CDC Help required please re: medication

smoorecats

Hi,
I've been to the doctors today to be told the results of my blood tests are that I have an underactive thyroid!
He has put me on 50MCG of Levothroxine a day.

Question is will I be able to do CD?

Still not on the wagon, but still desperately trying!

Thanks

Sally

The medications i have on list for thyroid is neomercazole and tertroxin and eltroxin . SS and 790 and 1000 can be done with doctors signature on medical form. Once you have a cdc ask her to give cambridge a call and check with medical advisor.
Sorry couldnt be more help

julesrush
cdc norwich

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a word with my CDC at the weekend unless anyone else can shed anymore light on it in the mean time.

Thanks again

Sally

Hello :)

Now, im only telling you my experience here, so dont go by what i say (disclaimer over :D)

My doctor suggested that the cause of allmy problems is an underactive thyroid. I know i'm still obese (less obese now :D) and i have asked for the test to be taken in 6 months when i am at goal. In my opinion, when i am at goal and healthy, my hormones will have settled and i want it to be a fair test.
Do you know what i mean?

The medication for underactive thyroid is designed to replace deficient thyroid hormones. Thyroid control does not have to be perfect and users can take all CD programmes. However, it would be sensible to delay use of the Diet until you have settled on the medication for 2 months or so.

After weightloss it may be that your GP will need to reasses the dosage.

Now this is the guidance for someone just going on CD. You are already on it so discuss with your GP it may need close monitoring.

Also it might be worth your CDC discussing with our medical department so she can give you the necessary information to take to your GP.

Back