Celeriac chips

JoJoB

Celeriac is 0 pp so thought I'd experiment making chips from it, following on from my bns chips joy. :D

My version of them turned out quite well - did bns and celeriac chips so that in one dish I am getting 2 of my 5 a day. I used frylight and one pp of olive oil, so 1 pp for a big plate of chips - but it would be fine with just frylight.

method:
preheat oven to 200C
cut bns and cleriac into chips
place in bowl and spray with frylight (to make seasoning stick better to them)

Season: I used 1 tbsp of schwartz cajun seasoning for wedges, which gives a crunchy spicy coating. Other seasonings which may work well are curry powder/paprika/tumeric/cumin etc - I've also seen a recipe using soy sauce and 5 spice for a chines version.

They are a bit similar in taste and texture to parsnip, so might be a good "roasted" alternative for a low PP sunday dinner etc.

Hiya,

I have celeriac mash too :)
peel it and chop into chunks,
put into a pan of cold water with some lemon juice (stops it going brown)
bring to the boil and cook til tender.

blend with a hand blender or food processor with a dollop of 0% fat greek yoghurt or a tsp. of butter
salt and pepper
maybe a handful of parsley for freshness

= 1pp per serving, lovely n creamy and perfect with things like beef stew
xx

well i've par boiled, used a table spoon of oil to caot, added salt pepper and some mixed herbs and spices i had in a grinder. they are in the oven now, looking good but a little floppy still and need to brown a bit more. look just like real chips at the moment though!

Yes, bns is free too, and chips made form them are sooooo tasty!

If anyone is interested, Poundland are selling mesh baking trays. They are intended to make oven chips extra crispy and cook quickly so I have been using them with bns chips to make them slightly crispier.

Definitly going to give the chips a try. Currently use celeriac to bulk out mash potato. Goes lovely with a bit of mustard mixed in too.

I'm going to try these later. Tried the mash the other day but wasn't too sure about that one. The chips sounds nice though.

Anyone know what a serving size is? I have a small celeriac here and want it all to my greedy self!

I've only ever tried it mixed with potato for mash.

My bns chips are always slug like. Any tips?

Back