Celeriac?

LOL, damned ugly veg isn't it. :)

I made celeriac chips the other night, think I overboiled them as could not get them crispy in oven but even the missus enjoyed them lol

Not to mention roast celeriac! A lovely alternative to roast potatoes.

Part boil for 10 mins, ruffle, then roast.

Don't know if anyone watches Dr Who but when I first bought our celeriac, it reminded me of the Ood!

ood.jpg

I have an ood roasting currently (along with parsnips and taties - well I need something to soak up the alcohol tonight lol)

I've just scoffed my first ever celeriac chips - I'd say 5% celery, 10% parsnip and 85% soggy chip shop chips. Very nice. (And another plus is that celeriac counts towards your 5 a day and spuds don't!)

Yay! Really must get one in Tesco today, could have celeriac chips instead of salad with our chicken tonight!

Do they stick badly to the baking tray? Wonder if I fried them in really hot oil in a pan if they would be crispier?

Just like Delia's roasties, LOL. Have never actually made them Susie, just thinking aloud! ;)

i cut it into chips, parboiled, then into a roasting pan with a sliced courgette, olive oil, butter and garlic granules.

then we dipped them in warm Camembert.

my goodness, very very moreish!

Waterworks - mine didn't stick - I put the baking tray and oil in the oven for a while to get it hot when I put the chips in. Then I took them out every ten minutes or so for a good shake. Hope you enjoy them...

tazbabe said:
i cut it into chips, parboiled, then into a roasting pan with a sliced courgette, olive oil, butter and garlic granules.

then we dipped them in warm Camembert.

my goodness, very very moreish!

I'm actually drooling!!!!

Back